Whidbey Island

 









I used to take pictures of sunsets all the time on my walks or late at night when the moon is the only light on the road. My dad is notorious for sending the family pictures from his waterfront view on Whidbey Island where we live. There’s something magical about putting this island on canvas and I can’t wait to do more from the photo hoard on my phone. All of these are sold except the Mt Baker one, the sunrise looking out to La Conner I gifted my dad since it was from his photo, and my stormy sunset walk was stolen by my daughter for her house, as she does. All have been done on 9x12 canvases with acrylic paints, except the last one with the driftwood, which is mixed media with pan pastel and acrylics. 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My particular favourite is the snow-capped mountains in painting #3! But I must say you have a fine style with dark, muted tones and yellow highlights in #2, #5 and #6.

Tammy Theriault said...

Muted tones work well with me. LOL