My Book Aesthetics

Last week, I told you how I was currently working on a YA Viking fantasy. I also said I would make a collage of book aesthetics to show you more about the world I've created. I would LOVE to show you only one, but there is so many little things going on, it's so hard to narrow it!

I'm currently near, if not on, the half way point. I'm breaking my book into three parts, and have started the 2nd part. Just when I think I know where I am going, I sit back and stare off and BAM...new idea hits. And it always happens when I brain fart how to get from point A to B. Suddenly there is some weird Z thrown in the middle making it all the more interesting. Those moments are the best!

Enough of my blabbing. Without further adieu...here are some of my book aesthetics. For more, you can go to my pinterest page! The link is on the left side bar.


this story is big on sisterhood and family, some pics are "backstory"


these blow my mind. omg. I want someone to make them for me.


each of the kingdoms are very specific in structure


these are just teasers...

**LIST FOR THE WEEK**

Read: COURT OF FIVES by Kate Elliot (a sister's love for the Fives game is put off to save family) and THREE DARK CROWNS by Kandare Blake (triplets raised separately and groomed to kill one another for the crown)
Reading: FALLING KINGDOMS by Morgan Rhodes, A FACE LIKE GLASS (Arc copy) by Frances Hardinge, THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas
Movies: For International Women's Day I watched LITTLE WOMEN, and even though I've seen it years ago...I don't remember choking up this much!
Newest Buy: A Simply Fit Board, and a 3/4 motorcycle helmet from Harley Davidson!
What I'm anxious for: Getting back on my Harley and riding in the wind!!

Questions for the Reader:
1. Can you tell my book has some dark tones to it?
2. Reading any good books lately?
3. Ever seen Little Women the movie?

Love your guts,

-Tammy-

Comments

Eye-catching stuff... and I spy a red-head amongst the pics of the sisterhood story.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Awesome how into your story you are. Sounds it's really flowing. And love your pictures. And yes, I saw and read Little Women when I was a kid. I loved both back then, but the writing might be too slow for me now.
Awesome you're halfway. Those are some inspiring images.
Hi Tammy - certainly costume designers earn their stuff - that head-dress is incredible ... yes dark gothic towers, and long red hair - good or bad combinations - however you write them.

I saw "The Secret Life of Bees" - nearly 10 years old now - but I'd never seen it ... interesting story line - and fascinating mix of characters ...

Well done with the trilogy ... good luck with the ongoing writing and ideas .. cheers Hilary
Pat Hatt said…
Halfway mark is grand indeed. Sure has a big scape by the looks of those pics too.
JoJo said…
Those images are beautiful
You're near the halfway point already?! Whoa, that's awesome. Congrats!

Also, loving these book aesthetics! There's such a lush and moody atmosphere about them. Definitely makes me intrigued about the book itself!
Love your picture boards. Looks and sounds awesome. Hope you find your way to Z. Sarah J. Maas is my daughter's favorite. I like her other series more.
Great aesthetics! Yes, the dark tones are evident. Yes, I've seen Little Women (pretty sure I've seen every movie Winona Ryder was in.) I read a recent Dean Koontz recently, and am now reading a snarky memoir, the name of which I cannot remember.
I have seen Little Women the movie, though to this day I still think that
Jo should have married Laurie. I like those pictures, especially the ones of the castle (they made me think of what Rapunzel's castle would have looked like).
Crystal Collier said…
Very cool. I like books with darker tones...as long as good overcomes evil in the end.
The Silver Fox said…
Wow, some great illustrations there.

Popular Posts