Friday, January 13, 2017

New Digs

I can't remember how many times I've changed the look of my blog. Sometimes the theme is darker, sometimes woodsy, and sometimes bright and cheery. I am just never satisfied and sometimes grow bored of the same old, same old.

I also want to make sure it represents me well, and as much as I'd like it to look very proper and sophisticated, literary and meaningful to the exquisite eye, that's not me. But, I feel my new look is more suited for me, and that's something I'm going to work on not steering away from. I'm not here to impress others with my digs, but rather to be comfy in them and call it my blogger home.

Welcome...

You'll find what you need here on the left side bar as far as ways to stalk me. You can also see if I'm reading and how many books at a time. I usually always do one on my Kindle phone app while I'm out and about, and one paper or hardback. I love being able to properly hold a book and dog ear the crap out of it. And even like a chiropractor - crack the shiznit out of it's pretty spine.

Currently, if you head over to my Pinterest page, you can see a character board I did up for what once was called PIMPBOOKMAMA and is now retitled to A STORY BORN IN JIMMY CHOOS. The WF book is currently on it's last leg of beta readers, and hopefully by spring I'll be sending my first round of queries - like ever. Daunting yet totally exciting!

Also, on my Pinterest page, you'll find a new vision board for an interesting YA fantasy I have in mind. I've titled it THE KING OF DAUGHTERS, and so far is a 3-book series (if done right). Have I started writing it yet? Absolutely not. I'm mixing Viking/Medieval influences into the story and culture, so I'm doing a lot of research. I mean...a lot. And a lot of interviewing to get everything just right. It may be the death of me. I even have a vision collage of TKOD on Instagram. (Mind you my grammar hound mom said it should say "seize" not "siege" after the fact of me posting it, and by that point I didn't care anymore. haha!)

Hope your year is going fantastic! Have any plans for the year? Do you change your blog look often?
 
 

15 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Nice clean look indeed. Haven't changed mine in years as it works. Just add a few headers from time to time.

Mark Noce said...

Sounds like you've got a good concept for your series, best of luck with it! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It looks all tidy now! We want our blogs to represent us.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the Viking/Medieval age! You've got one reader lined up for your new book series RIGHT NOW! Whaddya mean, "be patient"?

JoJo said...

The last time I tried to edit anything on the way my blog looks, I screwed it up so bad. I won't touch the format anymore.

Elephant's Child said...

I like the fresh clean look here. Lots and lots of luck with your writing. This reader loves writers. All writers.
And my blog look? Stuck in the mud. So it probably does reflect me.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Your blog looks really nice. A cozy sexy that I think does work with your personality Tammy. All the best with your writing and using pinterest is a great idea.

S.P. Bowers said...

Looking good!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Great new look. Clean and smart :-)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It's nice to change things once in awhile. We are always evolving as writers and bloggers.

I love Pinterest.

Heather R. Holden said...

Love your new blog layout! So classic and cute, all at the same time... :)

And I've seen you tweet about that new YA fantasy of yours. Looks so intriguing, for sure. Best of luck with it!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - I too love the look of the blog ... but I'm glad I don't need to walk in those shoes?! Well done ... I have yet to get into Pinterest .. sometime perhaps! Cheers Hilary

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I like the new look of your blog; it looks pretty. I've been blogging for almost seven years and have never changed the way my blog looks. Partly it's because I'm lazy, and partly it's because I don't know how to use anything other than the basic templates that Blogger provides (most of which I don't like).

The Silver Fox said...

I like the look of your blog! As for myself, I've only changed its look once in eight years.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You should always only be yourself. Trying to be someone else is soooo much work, and we're just too lazy for that!

Great look, btw.