Monday, December 5, 2016

Breeding Insanity

I'm literally sitting here wondering what to type about as I eat frozen peanut butter M&M's. Which rocks frozen by the way. So if you have a chance to get the share size, do that, because any smaller is just silliness.

There are so many things to say since October, but not really one theme to narrow it to as this season has found me sorting through a lot of feelings. Do seasons seem to bring out things in you, too?

Here's what's happened in the last month, questioning my sanity.


1. I quit one gym months ago because I wasn't going as much and the drive was further than I wanted. I kept saying I'd join the new closer gym, going way more often. My hubs knows my forgetfulness and bought me a membership as a surprise. Which is awesome...and now means I have to go. And sometimes...I'm whiny and "I don't wanna!!"

2. I'm hunkering down a bit more on my chapter edits. Well I was. Then I started a book and couldn't put it down. I read it completely. Started edits and swore off books till done. Couldn't manage that. Found another "too good to put down" book. And the cycle began again! Currently I'm 2 days in remission of books and I'm in withdrawal mode bad.

3. 12 chapters into edits, I shamelessly went back to chapt 1 last week and went...uh. And revamped most of it...again...and resent to some betas for the thumbs up. I got my thumbs up, but...then I wanted to redo the next chapter and half way through had to stop myself. This may take...forever.

4. My jeans have holes in them, and I need new pairs. Easy peasy? No. I'm my own worst nightmare when trying on clothes. Girls, you KNOW what I mean. Wednesday I plan to buy several new ones, with hope I'm not running out of the store crying, too. I guess the gym will be my next stop after.

5. This season, I'm shamelessly using my SERVICE TO OTHERS card to distract from myself from work stress. There's nothing easier and better than meeting the needs of others when you know yours aren't being met. Once you do that, yours don't seem so big and tragic. Besides, when doing a survey, my persona fell under "the giver". Little did they know... But, I'll likely exhaust myself with it, like I normally do, and need more down/me time.

QUESTIONS TO THE READERS:
1. What's new in your insane world?
2. Any changes going on?
3. What book should I read next??? JK!!! DON'T FEED THE BOOK ANIMAL

~~{{LIST OF THE WEEK}}~~

READ: Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbinson (individual lives come together in shoe support group); The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (twos deathly challenge to be the Tsar's enchanter, but fall in love); The Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes (secret lovers' chain of letters bind yet cause tragedy over decades) ***** stars to all!!!
READING: no...I'm going to be a big girl and keep books at bay. I mean I've read 3 books in a few weeks. Oh my gosh...I'm withdrawling!!
MOVIE SEEN: The Huntsman: Winter's War (I loved the 1st film as it's my fav. This was so AWESOME!)
PLAN FOR EDITS: I'm not going to lie. I'm probably going to go back and start over.
PLAN FOR INSANTIY: going back and starting over
PLAN FOR SANITY: not starting over (this won't happen...)
NEW BUY ON AMAZON FOR ME: straightjacket - one size fits all

14 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome your husband got you a gym membership. Good luck with the writing. I have lots of writing to do this week.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hang in there!

S.P. Bowers said...

I hate pants shopping. And clothes shopping. And most any shopping other than grocery shopping, which I kinda enjoy. But only when I can go alone. Am I weird?

Leandra Wallace said...

I recommend Bone Gap! Seriously amazing book (sorry, I fed it!) ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Service to others - I like that.
Better use that gym membership. Now is a good month to begin.
I hate clothes shopping...

Stacy McKitrick said...

What's new in my insane world? Got a mouse living in my house. Not happy.

Any changes going on? Nope. I'm pretty much a creature of habit. That includes going to the fitness center. Every morning. You should do that first thing. I love getting exercise OUT OF THE WAY. Then I can be lazy and not feel guilty. :)

What book should you read next? J.R. Ward's "Blood Vow" comes out tomorrow. I plan on reading it soon!!!

Pat Hatt said...

haha can edit until the cows come home, sometimes one just has to know when to stick on the straitjacket and let it fly.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Yeah for the gym, now go get those edits. We have a lot of things going on right now and I don't like feeling so busy.

Elephant's Child said...

A day without reading is a BAD day for me. I hear you on the withdrawal. And on the hating shopping for clothes.
Service to others is a big winner - but I also use it to whip myself for not doing enough. Never enough. Which is probably the two word encapsulation of my life. Except when too much applies.

Mandie said...

About once every five years, I find a pair of jeans and treat them like they're made of glass. Washing them inside out, hanging them dry every time. Supposedly you can just freeze jeans overnight, as long as they're not soiled, to kill any bacteria and odors.

I usually do cry when I go pants shopping. <3

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I hate buying new jeans. I'm glad the hip-hugger trend is starting to fade, because only 2% of the women out there actually look good in them. (And I'm not one of them.)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

If you haven't already got your hand on it, As we know it by Carrie Butler. I got an arc and really enjoying it so far. Even pre-ordered my own copy. Giving can be really be therapeutic. The stress is worth it for those you help. But be sure to get some big downtime. Don't faint on us Tammy!

Mark Noce said...

Yeah, even as a guy I'm definitely not into the trying on clothes thing:) Good that you're doing edits though! Happy holidays, Tammy! :)

Heather R. Holden said...

I had to replace all my winter clothes recently, so I know how frustrating trying on clothes can be sometimes. Hope you were able to find some good replacements for your jeans! Also, best of luck with all your edits! I tend to revamp my projects obsessively, too...heh. (My inner perfectionist has a really hard time letting certain scenes go!)