Monday, October 17, 2016

PIMPBOOKMAMA: As We Know It - Revealed


PIMPBOOKMAMA here saying when one of your fav and ballsiest beta readers, Carrie Butler, is revealing her book cover, you hit that up and help expose it to the world like a hidden sex tape.

NO sex tapes were harmed in the process, but some questions were asked of our star's newest book, AS WE KNOW IT, a story of earthquakes and heartaches.




1. Worst storm or catastrophe ever been in?
Hmm...well, the one and only time my family took a vacation to the beach, we did get evacuated over a hurricane. But since I didn't have to witness the destruction firsthand, I'd probably have to go with the Derecho that came through Ohio a few years ago. We were without power for five days during a heatwave, and it was maddening. I can't imagine what I'd do in an actual catastrophe.

2. What drew you to writing this particular story?
Three things: 1) I have a secret love of geology. 2) I read Sandi Doughton's book, FULL-RIP 9.0: THE NEXT BIG EARTHQUAKE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST. 3) I read Kathryn Schulz's Pulitzer-winning article THE REALLY BIG ONE, in The New Yorker. By that point, I realized I wasn't the only one (morbidly) fascinated with Cascadia's power.

3. Fav part writing this novel?
My favorite part of writing this novel, in true geek fashion, was the research - not just disaster scenarios, but survival techniques and Spanish profanity (LOL).

Well, if I ever need disaster advice, I know who to turn to!! Hide me, Carrizzle! Take me to your shelter! And then give me your book to read to pass the time! With that said, HERE is the AWESOME cover!! (and beauty that created the words in it!!)

Title: As We Know It
Author:
Carrie Butler
Category
:
Adult
Genres:
Action / Adventure (Disaster) & Romantic Suspense
Release:
December 2016
About the Book:
Deep beneath the ocean, stretching hundreds of miles alongside the Pacific Northwest coastline, lies the Cascadia subduction zone—a fault on the verge of unleashing a catastrophic earthquake, thirty times more powerful than the San Andreas. Unfortunately, like most tourists, Elena Cordova is oblivious.
She’s got her own pent-up stress to deal with, a humiliating breakup that’s driven her to end her tenure as a human doormat once and for all. So, when a pickpocket makes off with the last remnant of her relationship, she takes action—only to get trapped with him when disaster strikes.
Now, if either one hopes to survive, they’ll have to get past their initial impressions and work together . . . because in fifteen minutes, half the town will be underwater.
 
Carrie Butler is an award-winning author and the owner of Forward Authority full-service studio—not to mention an inbound-certified marketer with a penchant for superhero socks and Firefly. Time away from her desk is spent playing with her rescue pup, yelling at the TV during hockey season, and indulging in target-based recreation. Otherwise, you’re likely to find her glued to her chair, discovering new ways to share her daydreams...
Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest| Goodreads|Google+| Amazon |CarrieAButler.com|ForwardAuthority.com|LinkedIn|BookBub |Instagram| YouTube|WattPad|Wiselike
Geeky Science Resources: http://www.carrieabutler.com/cascadia.html

AMAZING BOOK TRAILER IN 5...4...3...2...




21 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'll look to Carrie for disaster advice too, though thankfully we seem pretty protected from that in Michigan. At least no hurricanes. Love Carrie's cover.

Heather R. Holden said...

Ooh, great cover. Love the dark and muted look to it. And LOL, I can only imagine what kind of gems Carrie discovered when researching Spanish profanity!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome cover, Carrie! I hope you never have to experience a real disaster. They aren't much fun.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

LOL - there goes my home state of Oregon. I know that a huge earthquake on the West coast could take out more than California. I've also heard there's a fault line under Memphis and if it ever goes, it will be catastrophic.

Bish Denham said...

Then there's Yellowstone... Living on this living, breathing, moving planet makes for all kinds of catastrophic story possibilities! Congratulations, Carrie.

Pat Hatt said...

Knowing what to do when disaster strikes is sure a big plus indeed, score one for research!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I know it will be awesome!!

H.R. Sinclair, Southpaw said...

Congrats Carrie -- and a wonderful cover!

Carrie Butler said...

Thank you, Tamizzle! <3 I will save yooooou!

Carrie Butler said...

@Natalie - Don't worry. I'm right under you in Ohio. lol Thank you!

@Heather - Thank you very much! :) Oh, I found some great ones. My favorite was about someone having intercourse with a swordfish...

@Alex - Thank you! I hope so, too...

@Diane - Ruh roh. Well, hopefully you're east of the Cascades! If not, hey, there's still a chance it won't happen in our lifetime...
Yes! The Memphis one is pretty nasty, too. No tsunamis, of course, but highly populated areas.

@Bish - It really does! Thank you. :)

@Pat - Yes! Research is my favorite part.

@Liz - Thank you! <3

@H.R. - Thank you very much! :)

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations Carrie. Bookie lust ignited. Of course.
I too am fascinated by nature's power. And beauty. And some days her apparent malevolence.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Congrats Carrie and thanks for scaring this islander out of her wits. Stay friendly water, for goodness sakes.

JoJo said...

Congratulations Carrie! I'm intrigued by that quake in the NW book, although my friend gave me a book called 'sleeping giant' a fictional account about if Mt. Rainier erupted, and having lived in it's shadow for 12 years, it's giving me way too much anxiety reading it.

Melissa Sugar said...

Congrats to Carrie. I love the cover. It's tantalizing and full of suspense. I like the colors. It really draws your eye to the book.

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I must admit that I know nothing about geology, though I imagine it must be useful if case disaster ever does strike. I think that one reason things like earthquakes and hurricanes are so devastating is that people were unprepared for them or they didn't know how to handle them.

Carrie Butler said...

@Elephant's Child - Thank you very much! :)

@Sheena-kay Graham - Eek. Sorry about that. I know you guys are along the north end of the Caribbean Plate, so you do have some seismic activity. Better scared and prepared, maybe?

@JoJo - Thank you! Oh, I totally get that. I had to write the book from the (relative) safety of Ohio.

@Melissa - Thank you! I appreciate that. :)

@Neurotic Workaholic - You're right. That's why I'm building a preparedness / resource page on my website: http://www.carrieabutler.com/cascadia

Crystal Collier said...

Carrie! The book sounds awesome. I totally can't wait to read it--but I'll have to. Here's hoping my hubby gives me a FAT old gift card for books, because I've already got half of it spent. ;)

Mark Noce said...

Woot! Woot! Go Carrie:)

Gina Gao said...

I really like the cover! Congrats Carrie.

www.ficklemillennial.wordpress.com

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sounds like this should be optioned for a movie. Good luck to Carrie. We were without power for two days during a winter blizzard. That was rough.

DMS said...

So excited to see Carrie Butler and her book here today. I love the cover! Sounds like a fascinating book. Congrats on the upcoming release! :)
~Jess