Monday, August 29, 2016

When it's Time to Goof Off

Here I was telling my beta girl, after sending off another revised chapter to her, that I was going to get my butt in gear. Say screw it to my 1-2 chapter a week slogan, and start buckling down because I'm a few chapters from being done.

Well, done in the sense of sorta done. I need to revamp the beginning chapters after a mid-book inspiration on what I was lacking. Don't you hate that?? Now, I need to go back after said "done." UGH!

Anyways, my buckling down hasn't happened. Instead, I decided to relax!! I'm in no hurry to be told a deadline for edits if/when this book gets published. I have no one breathing down my neck other than myself. So, why not goof off a little while I can?
teach me your ways, Calvin and Hobbes!!
My goofing off this past month was filled with:
 
1. loads of swimming at the lake (I think we maxed any prior years combined)
2. beach walks with the family (the sand in my cars is legit)
3. painting beach rocks (paint them cool, hide/find them, keep or not, and post to FB)
4. no reading (ok, lie. I finished two books, but then I stopped for a break)
5. SEAHAWKS GAME! (got my die hard fan - my mom - and I 3rd row from the field in the season ticket holders section, 20yard line, tickets. I screamed, hollered, cheered, clapped, and stood with my hands in the air. I was easily the most active/loud person in our section...oops! My mom says it's because I'm just "more animated". haha!)

This is legit on how close we were. I could clearly see Sherman and Wilson!
 
~~{{LIST OF THE WEEK}}~~

Books read: A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (an old grump's world gets rocked with new neighbors) and The Shattered Tree by Charles Todd (WWI Nurse Bess' journey to uncover a wounded soldiers past) ***** stars to Ove, *** stars to Bess
Books reading: I told you no! Stop tempting me!!!
Movie watched: Meet the Robinson's (seen it; fell asleep in and out the entire time)
Candy I liked during edits: Soft Candy Stripes (those candy cane sticks, but soft)
What I learned on TV:  when Yellowstone goes off, we are all....SO SCREWED!!! (from Utah to New York...screwed! I'm NOT moving!!)


 QUESTIONS TO THE READER:
1. What's one goof off you did this month?
2. Any regrets or are you glad for the life break?
3. Seahawks are going to the Superbowl, right? Right????

***Side note: It's my week on my other blog the Really Real Housewives of America. Would love for your support, and dropping by to say hi! I have some fun topics this week. In fact, today, I'm sharing my epic fails for the 2015-16 school year. Go me!**


19 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Glad you had fun with your family. My mom and uncle came to visit for a few days this month. It was fun. Can't believe September is almost here.

Bish Denham said...

Hmmm, goof off this month/summer. Nothing dramatic, just being intentionally lazy from time to time.

When (not if) Yellowstone goes off the whole world will be affected. No doubt about it, it will be devastating. I would not want to be alive to endure the aftermath.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You and your mother had great seats for the game!
I goofed off this past weekend and loved every minute of it.

Pat Hatt said...

Goofing off works for me, although I'm so far ahead no one will ever know lol

Julie Flanders said...

I saw your game pics on Instagram and it was so cool to see how close you were. How fun!!
I think I have managed to goof off the whole summer. Time to buckle down this fall. But I have a feeling I will manage more goofing off instead...

Kristin Smith said...

I think it's great to goof off sometimes—we need it! Like today, I should be working on revisions, but since it's the first day back to school for my kiddos, all I want to do is watch The Gilmore Girls and visit blogs! Lol. I totally get the goofing off. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Don't hate me. Boo, Seahawks! LOL
The stuff I read says Yellowstone blowing might wiped out humanity with a nuclear-like winter.
Glad you enjoyed the beach time.

Mark Noce said...

All that goofing off sounds like time well spent! Plus it can provide inspiration for writing time too:)

Elephant's Child said...

Some days goofing off is mandatory. Or should be.

S.P. Bowers said...

I adored A MAN CALLED OVE. I need some goofing off. It's been pretty busy and stressful here lately. I should have free time in December....

The Silver Fox said...

I'm constantly goofing off and rarely feel guilty about it.

JoJo said...

You're a Hawks fan? ME TOO! I'm wearing a Hawks tshirt right now! Do you live in WA? I miss it up there so much.

A few years ago I did the painted rocks thing and left them places and no one picked them up. Now it's all the rage. I have to admit my nose is a little out of joint since I did it first. :(

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Glad you fitted in some goofing off time and enjoyed it Tammy. I went to the movies last week. I plan to go again this week as well. I only went to one movie in June and July and I'm determined to go to the theater more. I hardly go out, why not do something I enjoy and enter the real world for just a while? I know to go watch a fictional one but I exit the house for a while and that matters. To me.

Morgan said...

Awwwwwww... TAMMY BLOG!!!!!!!! It's been too long. I love you, girl. And I love your blog. Glad to be back to blogging. Love this and you forever! <3

Donna K. Weaver said...

You have to live life, girl. Makes for better stories and, you know, a better life. lol

My favorite goof off? League of Legends. Playing that online game is my reward for finishing projects.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You know what they say about all work and no play. We have to strike a happy medium, and allow ourselves time to play, or writing really DOES feel like work.

My favorite ways to goof off are to hang out with friends to laugh and swap lies, to curl up with a good book, or to shoot pool with my hubby. If we lived closer to the ocean, walking on the beach would catapult to my #1 favorite pastime.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Loved that you had fun with your family and I loved seeing pics on instagram!
1. I had a special coffee with my youngest daughter for a mommy-daughter moment between activities. And, I read a book all in one day (I find this hard not to do). Plus, I have spent some moments on my deck petting my dog and cat. :)

2. Not sorry for any of those breaks!

3. Yes, green and blue are going all the way, baby!

M said...

1. Well, I didn't write as much as I intended anyway. But I did go to the Writer's Digest conference in NYC. That's like goofing off with purpose.

2. I'm a wee sorry I'm behind on my projects. But it's all relative. And it was more important to spend time with my family before the kids went back to school.

3. . . .

Kelly Steel said...

Goof off if it helps you regroup and refresh!