Monday, February 1, 2016

Lost and Found: Valentine's Edition Bloghop!!

 
 
A special thank you to our bloghop hosts: Arlee Bird, Guilie Castilol-Oriard, Elizabeth Seckman, Yolanda Renee, Denise Covey, and Alex J. Cavanaugh who orchestrated this cute blog hop about love found or love lost. Participants can either use short fiction, an essay, poem, song, etc to express their "love" experience. I'm using my old go-to: POETRY. Dedicating it to: my hottie hubs
 


a kiss

from you to me it passes
from me to you it goes
an enduring love we feel
a passionate warmth of flow

from you to me it passes
from me to you it goes
the soft tenderness of lips
a familiar touch we know

from you to me it passes
from me to you it goes
a moment, a new exchange
another reason to show

from you to me it passes
from me to you it goes
forever lost without them
a craving to have and hold

from you to me it passes
from me to you it goes
one day you will pass
and one day I will go

on that day that comes
on that day we go
a kiss from you passes
a kiss from me goes

By: Tammy Theriault

Every morning, without fail, my hubs will come to my bedside, kiss my forehead, and whisper in my ear "I love you" before he goes to work. Sometimes I have no clue he's doing it because I'm asleep. But, there are those moments I wake up early, and pretend I'm sleeping just to feel his kiss on my head and his whisper in my ear. I'm forever lucky to get to kiss his soft full lips to mine everyday. I'm forever lucky to have married him. And, I'm overwhelmed that we found each other. My lips to his.


28 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Aww, that is such a sweet gesture every morning. I REALLY like your verse.

Teresa

Natalie Aguirre said...

You husband is so sweet! Loved your beautiful poem.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's really nice of him. My wife and I always kiss each other goodnight and goodbye in the morning.

JoJo said...

Beautiful poem! I love it when Russell kisses me when I'm still half asleep in the morning!

Sarah Foster said...

That is such a sweet gesture and a lovely poem! My fiance always kisses me goodbye in the morning whether I'm awake or not. It would probably ruin my whole day if I didn't have that.

Christine Rains said...

Awwww! So sweet. Lovely poem. :)

Yolanda Renee said...

Lovely, the sentiment, the meaning, and the love you two share. I love that you pretend to be asleep. Thanks for sharing love found!

If my husband did that he'd end up with a broken nose. I'm a light sleeper and I'd come up fighting. :)

Pat Hatt said...

Great poem indeed, really great of him to do too.

Tamara Narayan said...

The rhythm in this poem is spot on. Well done.

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, very nice poem. Your husband sounds wonderful.

Bish Denham said...

That is sooooo sweet. My hubby and I, we kiss and hug and say "I love you," almost every morning and night.

Crystal Collier said...

Aw! So sweet. My hubby always wakes me up before he goes (if I'm not already up). He gives each of the kids a hug or kiss before leaving, but I'm always the last before he leaves. Awesome husbands rock!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I love your poem. My husband does the same thing every morning when he leaves for work and I'm still in bed. We have good guys.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

What a wonderful poem, and I share your sentiments. After nearly fifty years of marriage, my hubby and I still share some awesome kisses. :)

Elephant's Child said...

Awwww.

S.P. Bowers said...

Beautiful poem. My hubby does the same thing every morning. Guess we got good ones.

dolorah said...

That was beautiful Tammy. Cherish your love, and all those kisses :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Lovely Tam-Tam!
We got the kissing hubbies. Aren't we lucky!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Oh, very sweet. Happy Valentine's Day, and forever with your true love.

Mary at Play off the Page

Michele Truhlik said...

You're very blessed to have found such a perfect love. It sounds perfect to me anyway... What a great way to start each and every day!
Loved your beautiful poem. The rhythm was so lovely.

Michele at Angels Bark

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You're such a lucky girl!!

Arlee Bird said...

Your poem could easily be put to music. Very lyrical. I'm retired, but my wife has to wake up at 5:30 each morning to go to work. Usually I wake up before the alarm and waken her with a kiss before I go down to get breakfast ready for her. If I happen to be asleep so that the alarm wakens me, my wife will stay in bed until I get up and give her a kiss to get her started. So I can relate what you describe.

Nice addition to Lost & Found

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Misha Gericke said...

So sweet! I liked your poem too.

Heather R. Holden said...

What a sweet poem! Sounds like you have a wonderful husband... :)

Chrys Fey said...

I just realized its been so long since I've stopped in at your blog. Your posts show up in my feed. I'm going to subscribe now so I don't miss any!

Nice poem. I feel like kissing someone now. ;) lol

Your husband is so sweet. You are a lucky, woman.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - what a great poem and it does say it all - then your additional note about your husband's enduring love as he sets out for his day ... wonderful to read - cheers Hilary

Ella said...

Oh, Tammy, this is beautiful the poem and all you shared! It is wonderful to read about this sweet morning gesture-AWE!

I am so, happy I stopped by.
Your words lifted my spirit-thank you~

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like you've found your soul mate and right where you're supposed to be.