Monday, December 21, 2015

Season of Birthdays and Believers

In the few years I've blogged, I've yet to say today is my birthday. But, seeing how I blog on Monday's lately, guess what? Today IS my birthday! YAY! (I accept paypal for all transactions...kidding! I take western union...)

This is also the season of our Savior's birth. With that, every year I get super excited about Christmas. EVERYTHING joyous resounds in me. From the lights, d├ęcor, music, food, apparel, etc., I'm totally wishing every month was December.

Aside from all that... I've been thinking and reminded this season of how lowly the Lord was when born. I know the songs, I know the stories, but it never resonated fully with me till this year. I pondered a lot on a baby being born in a stable. The smells, the noise, the insects, the lack of sanitation. How could it be He was not born to Kings, to wealth, to royalty? Would we be so willing to have faith if He were? If Jesus was born to a King, would the doubters and the faithless, finally believe? They probably would.

But He wasn't born to Kings, wealth, royalty. His was of "humble birth". I believe his beginnings of being in a lowly stable, in lowly wealth, and lowly circumstances shows us that God speaks volumes. Anyone can come from nothing to something great. Anyone can have wealth in their heart when they serve others. Anyone can rise to occasions set before them. A task is neither too big or too tall. Anyone can do anything...if they BELIEVE.



I believe the Savior's birth is that constant reminder. He wouldn't have been able to do what He did if He himself was not a man of beliefs. He believed and still believes in us. We have talents, why not use them? We have voices, why not raise them? We have goals, why not achieve them? Why not do/be better instead of those things being thoughts or callous remarks to ourselves?

Religious thoughts aside, when do you start believing in you? Why not start today...

QUESTION TO THE READERS:
1. What keeps you from achieving your optimum self?

12 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

Happy birthday, Tammy! Hope today is fantastic for you, as well as the rest of the holiday season... ~\o/~

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday!
I think God sent the best message in the conditions of Jesus' birth. He came as one of us.
Have a Blessed Christmas, Tammy.

JoJo said...

Happy birthday!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!

To answer your question, my overthinking and nonstop worrying about things that probably won't happen but might so I try to prepare myself for every contingency. As a result, I end up with so much panic, anxiety and depression that it drives me to the brink of suicide. It sucks.

Blogoratti said...

Wishing you a wonderful day as you celebrate. All the best!

Pat Hatt said...

Happy Birthday!

So if I believe I'll win the lottery or develop the ability to fly it will come true? Damn, I better get believing lmao had to. Maybe do anything in the ream of possibility? That I can do haha

The Silver Fox said...

Well! Happy Birthday!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The story of Jesus' humble birth is one of the most profound spiritual insights that humanity has ever had, I think. Happy birthday to you, Tammy and may you have a wonderful Christmas later this week as well!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Happy Birthday! And this season is so joyous at our house. We're thankful for all we have and each other. God has blessed us. Our prayers are for peace for all.

Elephant's Child said...

Happy Birthday.
I suspect I am the thing which stops me from achieving. I know I am that thing.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - happy birthday for yesterday ... and am so glad you're having a happy time. We all come from where we come ... and we should be true to our beliefs ... then moving forward - we need to have our future self check out our present self, while remembering all around us - have a lovely time - happy festivities and a very successful 2016 ... cheers Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Happy birthday to you a little late.

I think what keeps all of us from achieving our optimum self is the fact we are our own worst enemy. We doubt ourselves. We forget that if God believes in us, then we really should believe in ourselves.

Merry Christmas and God bless.

DMS said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. What a magical day for a birthday (Winter Solstice). :) Hoping your Christmas was merry.

Happy New Year to you too!
~Jess