I was thinking about how my newest book I'm writing is taking longer than I thought. It's an adult chick lit I began writing last year and used as an outlet for some pent up...crap I was feeling. It was completely lethargic and fun to mold this story in the direction I wished things would have gone for me.
I thought when I was done, I couldn't go back and do edits because mentally I had exhausted myself. Sometimes I found myself crying as I typed, because the feelings were raw and real. Other times, I couldn't stop crying from laughing so hard.
But, I started about two months ago into my edits and I was glad to see the story like it was new. I had only taken a week off, and that was plenty. My problem now is, it's been the season for three major holidays and some of my favorite TV series that I DVR. Again, things keeping me from editing. Have you noticed I'm not blogging as much? I'm literally trying to exhaust avenues but coming up short because:
1. I want it to be perfect (takes setting aside chunk of time)
2. you can't rush perfection or there are too many errors overlooked (need time to look closely)
3. perfect = better chance of agent getting (time consuming in itself)
4. me want agent (give it time...lots of it)
Running theme: TIME! Luckily, I know the secret to finding the time...(come close while I whisper it in your ear) SELF-CONTROL. EW! I know, I know. But...if I can't gather a little self control and turn off the cheesy reality show, or other distractions, because I don't feel like "adulting" right now, I will never get this thing done.
|darn right I am and we are flying to Disneyworld!|
Goal for 2016: have it to my beta peeps by...shoot far just in case...end of February. 26 chapters, 7 done so far... I can do this right??
QUESTIONS TO READERS:
1. What takes YOUR time away from stuff?
2. Do you have any goals set for 2016?
3. Can I get a little RAH-RAH cheering?? I need it...