Monday, November 23, 2015

Tis the Season for Respectful Napping

The week has come for the Turkey to officially die and burn in hell. Oh, darn it. I meant roast in the stove. Where are my manners! And for all us parents, this is the time when our young ones pay us no pity as we begin to respectfully doze off after that big Turkey feast. For they will be the ones waking us with every little nuisance possible. JOY!!

I just bought stock in sweatpants as we speak...

In the meantime, I look forward to baking two Pinterest desserts for the Thanksgiving spread, watching some Football, and continuing the week with trying to do several things unsuccessfully:
1. work out more than 1-2x this week
2. edit more than 1-2 chapts
3. not raise voice at 1-2 kids
4. not gain 1-2lbs more
5. not whine about something 1-2x an hour...or so it seems.

QUESTIONS TO THE READER:
1. Do you have a dish you favor for Thanksgiving?
2. Plan to be unsuccessful with anything this week like me?
3. Can we hug and cry together over it??

15 comments:

JoJo said...

I love my stove top stuffing. That's probably my fave! I will be unsuccessful at not overeating, and yes we can hug/cry together over it!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm a vegetarian so I don't love Thanksgiving food except for sweet potatoes. Yes, I'll join you in not being so productive and relaxing some this week. Happy Thanksgiving!

Yvonne Ventresca said...

I like the side dishes better than the turkey.
I think this week I will be unsuccessful at 1-2 things... :)

Yolanda Renee said...

Allergic to turkey, so it's roast chicken for my family, watching movies, and a book signing on Black Friday. Will be interesting to see if I can sell more than 10 books with Kindles so prevalent. Last signing Kindle copies outsold actual books, but hey it's still a sale, right?!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not planning anything other than turkey, football, and turkey sandwiches! And I'm actually a big fan of stuffing.

Pat Hatt said...

Can I use the excuses to be lazy even if Thanksgiving is over here? lol

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

My children insist we have the very same foods very Thanksgiving. The older they get the more they want things to stay the same. They all have their favorite parts. I just love having them all here and happy.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love stuffing and pumpkin pie. Oh, and cranberry sauce. Don't forget gravy too.

Southpaw HR Sinclair said...

Sweet potatoes with candied nuts! My favorite leftover is mashed potatoes mixed with chopped turkey, then fried up in a pan.

Southpaw HR Sinclair said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

S.K. Anthony said...

Stock in sweatpants . . . BEST idea ever!

I really like your list, count me in on all of them. Except switch "edit" more than 1-2 chapters for "writing" 1-2 chapters. And there you have it. I'm also in charge of dessert . . . so my fat pants is nice and ready! lol

klahanie said...

Hey Tam-bare!

I thought Thanksgiving was back in October, eh! :) Have fun with your writing, Tammy. I favour a cooked turkey for Thanksgiving. Frozen turkey just doesn't do it for me.

I'm going now.

Gary

Suzi said...

I just want the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm easy. :)

SA Larsenッ said...

Oh sweetie, I plan on being unsuccessful on many fronts this week. (((CYBER HUG)))

Tammy Theriault said...

muchas gracias to all my friends for coming by!