Monday, September 7, 2015

The Calendar Men of STATIC


When I beta read S.K. Anthony's sequel, Static, I had no idea how well she'd pull off a male POV. But she "nailed it"! (all puns intended) I even remarked how bits of her own personality showed in Kevin's, the MC.
 
Can we say playa? A hottie playa? I think so!

Let's see what S.K. Anthony had to say about her upcoming release:

1. Date night: Kevin or Derek?
Umm, lemme think abou--KEVIN, hands down! Derek is just that buddy-type-dude who is too serious & too much of a rule-follower for my taste. I need a little naughtiness. Ya know? Besides, I'm not into blonde dudes. Before Kevin, it was Nick for sure. It might still be, actually, since he's closer to my age and all. I'm not sure I'm ready to add "cougar" to my title. But if I must...
At the same time, there's nothing steamier than a man who knows his way around the conference room...at night...as he is "working late" to "protect" his Luminaries. *coughs*

2. Girl you'd fight because you think you'll win? Pick a character.
Gabby because I'd have the right motivation (like Kevin)...plus, she doesn't have super strength like Annie, or Ryan's extensive training in the kick-butt department. Yep, definitely Gabby.
Plus, I'm adding in her beotch mom.

3. If we were out on the town, what would our abilities be & how would we use them to our advantage?
Hmmm, well we're already "The D Sisters" and can most-def use them uh--girls to our advantages...so no hypnosis needed. I do like teleportation, so one of us can have it. And the other can have invisibility. We'd have fun helping other girls out: you'd use your invisibility to see which douchebags are trying to fool some of our girl-buddies, and I'd teleport them into the industrial garbage containers throughout the city.The D Sisters, cleaning the city...one jerk at a time. Whatcha think?
Umm, lemme think abou--I'M SO THERE!!
 

Synopsis:
Kevin Pierce is a teleporter, a ladies’ man, and a loyal friend . . . or so he thought. As a genetically altered Luminary, he helps the government bring down some of the most dangerous criminals. Not very challenging if you have his special abilities. But when a group of rebel Luminaries attacks his Organization the fight for survival begins. One shattering event after another tests the depth of his relationships, his sanity, and his powers. Emotionally torn, Kevin must choose carefully where his loyalty lies. In the middle of all the unexpected chaos he gets the biggest shock of his life when he’s faced by a betrayal he never saw coming. Angry, injured, and ready to even the score, Kevin goes Static . . .
 
Add it to your Goodreads *here*
About the Author: S. K. Anthony is a writer, a reader and a make-stuff-up-er who lives in New York with her husband and toddler twins. She is a wine connoisseur, which just really means she knows she loves it, and a caffeine addict. When she isn’t busy with her family she finds herself being transported into the world of imagination. Well, either that or running away from spiders…she is convinced they are out to get her!
 Stalk S.K. Anthony here: Blog ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter ~ Google + ~ Pinterest
              
 
 
READER QUESTION: if you had an "ability" what would it be & how would you use it?
 
 

18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Always go for the teleportation!

Pat Hatt said...

Teleportation would sure be nice to have.

Heather R. Holden said...

What a fun interview! Teleportation and invisibility have always been some of the coolest powers to me, so it was fun to see them mentioned here. If pressed to pick one, I'd probably go with teleporation, since it would be nice to not have to depend on silly things like cars! XD

Natalie Aguirre said...

Would love to teleport! Congrats to S.K.!

Rachna Chhabria said...

I would love to teleport. Congrats to SK. Love the hunk (though I can't see his face)on the book cover :)

S.K. Anthony said...

Thanks for having me over, Tammy!!!
The questions were fun . . . and I'll call you up for the next Jerk-clean up night ;)

Elephant's Child said...

Big congratulations to SK. It sounds intriguing.
I think I would like flight as my special power. Says the wimp who doesn't like planes. And would use it to soar. And to fling crap on deserving people (literally, think flying cow) from the last direction they ever thought of...

Tammy Theriault said...

It is my pleasure!!!

Melissa said...

This book sounds so good!
Congrats! :D

dolorah said...

oooh, hot hot :)

Lux G. said...

That's an amazing plot. I hope they'd turn it into film.
I wish for the 3 teles; telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation. A girl can dream. :)

SA Larsenッ said...

Fun interview! A little sassy, too... ;)

Oh gosh, hmm ... ability ... I'll go with telekinesis.

Crystal Collier said...

Time Lord. Yup. All the way.

Loved the interview. Who doesn't like a bad boy?

David P. King said...

Love your interviews, Tammy. I've been playing Life is Strange, and I wouldn't mind a rewind time ability - with no space/time altercations, of course. Congrats on your new book, S. K! :)

Melissa Sugar said...

I want to teleport. I think it takes a truly talented author to pull off writing from the POV of the opposite gender. You've sold me on S.K.'s book. I've read many best selling authors who can't do it. I find it more irritating when a male author attempts to pull off a female POV voice and just gets it wrong. You said she nailed it and I will take your word for it and I look forward to reading Static.

It's kind of great that I saw this blog post today because while I was in line at the bank a day or so ago I had this concept for a new novel (maybe a NaNo project) and I tossed it around for a few minutes and realized that the only way for the story to really work, would be if I wrote it from the main male character's POV. I scribbled my idea down in my notebook and wondered if I would ever be able to write authentically from a male POV. Now, I'm more excited than ever to read Static.

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I like the idea of being invisible whenever I want, because then I could freak out people that annoy me and make them think they're being haunted. :)

Cynthia said...

I think it'd be cool to be invisible.

Congratulations to S.K. on her new book!

cleemckenzie said...

S.K.'s story is becoming familiar. She's heated up the internet for a while with it. Congrats to her on her book and on her successful promo.

As to my genetically altered ability...give me flight. I'll take that, but without feathers.