Monday, May 25, 2015

Nick Wilford Stops By...


Oh, the life of an author...
I'm stepping back into the blogging world this morning to wish Nick Wilford GOOD LUCK on his writing journey for his new book A Change of Mind And Other Stories out today at .99 for the first day! Congrats Nick and away we go with a fun little ditty of an interview!!

1. If you were Reuben in your short story A Change of Mind, what about your personality would you have altered?

If I was in his shoes, I think what I'd like to change would be pretty similar! Just being able to  stand up for myself. But there's a big part of myself in there, definitely. I'd like to be more outgoing, and less trepidatious about things like...erm, book releases and being interviewed!

2. You said there's flash fiction in the collection. Do you mean flashing people kind? Should I be forewarned of certain images to come?

Well the flash piece is entitled "Hole In One". You can interpret that in a certain way if you wish! But there's some sex in A Change of Mind. Hopefully it's tastefully done, because it's definitely not the easiest thing for me to write.

3. If you were to create a short story blurb about me, what would it be?

Tammy is a bike babe on a mission to tear through the blogosphere with witty comments aplenty. She loves to pick the brains of her fellow scribes with soul-searing interviews, but at night, she cruises back to her writing cave to work on her multiple WIPs. Which will win the white knuckle race to be the first book in the world to bear the name Tammy Theriault and satisfy the salivations of her adoring fans?
Title: A Change of Mind and Other Stories
Author: Nick Wilford
Genre: Speculative fiction
Format: Ebook only
Page/word count: 107 pages, approx. 32,000 words
Release date: 25th May 2015
Publisher: Superstar Peanut Publishing
 
Blurb:
A Change of Mind and Other Stories consists of a novella, four short stories and one flash fiction piece. This collection puts the extremes of human behavior under the microscope with the help of lashings of dark humour, and includes four pieces previously published in Writer's Muse magazine. In A Change of Mind, Reuben is an office worker so meek and mild he puts up with daily bullying from his boorish male colleagues as if it's just a normal part of his day. But when a stranger points him in the direction of a surgeon offering a revolutionary new procedure, he can't pass up the chance to turn his life around. But this isn't your average surgeon. For a start, he operates alone in a small room above a mechanic's. And he promises to alter his patients' personality so they can be anything they want to be... In Marissa, a man who is determined to find evidence of his girlfriend's infidelity ends up wondering if he should have left well alone. The Dog God finds a chink in the armour of a man with a megalomaniacal desire to take over the world. In The Insomniac, a man who leads an obsessively regimented lifestyle on one hour's sleep a night finds a disruption to his routine doesn't work for him. Hole In One sees a dedicated golfer achieving a lifelong ambition. The Loner ends the collection on a note of hope as tow family member try to rebuild their lives after they are torn apart by jealousy.
Meet the author:
Nick Wilford is a writer and stay-at-home dad. Once a journalist, he now makes use of those rare times when the house is quiet to explore the realms of fiction, with a little freelance editing and formatting thrown in. When not working he can usually be found spending time with his family or cleaning something. He has four short stories published in Writer's Muse magazine. Nick is also the editor of Overcoming Adversity: An Anthology of Andrew. Visit him at his blog or connect with him on Twitter or Goodreads.
a Rafflecopter giveaway


And now...I'm going to hide again to focus on my writing! CHEERS TO NICK!!
Can everyone give him a WOOT WOOT!!!
QUESTION FOR YOU: What about your own personality do you wish you could change?
(other than being amazing!!!)

23 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations Nick. Your work sounds fascinating, and I hope it is a HUGE success.
Things I wish I could change about myself? I would like to learn to like myself better. I suspect a lot of things, starting with confidence would flow from there.
Happy, and productive, writing Tammy.

Nick Wilford said...

Thanks for stepping out of your writing cave to host me today, Tammy! I hope the sunlight is not too blinding.

Elephant's Child - Thank you! I could do with liking myself more too. We need to give ourselves a break!

blogoratti said...

That was a great interview, congrats Nick, and best wishes!

Nick Wilford said...

Thank you, blogoratti!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Fun interview, especially the little blurb about Tammy. Good luck with your book, Nick.

Nick Wilford said...

Thanks, Natalie! I can't wait to read one of Tammy's books, it's bound to rock.

Pat Hatt said...

Fun interview. Somehow I picture Tammy literally picking brains though and flicking them against the wall. Just seems her style lol

Christine Rains said...

Great interview! I would like to see some flash fiction about flashing too. :) Yay for Nick!

Nick Wilford said...

Pat - She definitely asks some searching questions!

Christine - Thanks! This could be a whole new microgenre.

cleemckenzie said...

Here's another congrats to Nick! Good luck and have a great ride, Nick. You, too Tammy. Write up a storm.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Good description of Tammy as a 'bike babe.' Congrats on the release, Nick. Can't wait to read it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is the perfect blurb for Tammy.
Congratulations, Nick!

Nick Wilford said...

Lee - Thanks very much!

Susan - Thanks! Hope you enjoy it and I'm grateful to Tammy for taking time out today.

Alex - Thanks! I had fun writing the blurb.

Michelle Wallace said...

Congrats Nick!
I can't wait to read the book!

Perfect blurb - multiple WIPs captures the essence of Tammy... I can imagine her buzzing from one story to the next...
Write on Tammy!

Yolanda Renee said...

Nick,
So glad to see you out and about, they say that's the only way to sell a book. Good luck!

Captured Tammy. Excellent1

Nick Wilford said...

Michelle - Thanks! And I bet those WIPs are entertaining.

Yolanda - I'm giving it a good crack! Thanks.

Liz A. said...

Congrats, Nick. If I could change one thing about me... Hmmm... Considering how many changes I've already made, I'll just keep going as I'm going and know that the changes will come eventually.

Yvonne Ventresca said...

Fun interview! Congrats, Nick.

Tammy -- I wish I needed less sleep. :)

Yvonne

Denise Covey said...

Nick, great interview. I wish you all the best! And thank you Tammy for hosting Nick. :-)

Nick Wilford said...

Liz - Yes, I think overthinking it is not a good road to go down.

Yvonne - Thanks. Less sleep, more time! Sadly it's hard to make do without it.

Denise - Thanks!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hole in One - LOL!

Nick Wilford said...

Diane - :D

Southpaw HR Sinclair said...

Congrats Nick!