Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z: Zen Writing

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
Z: ZEN WRITING
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must understand zen writing. It's the beautiful and sometimes rare moment of when everything clicks. Yin embraces Yang. Worlds otherwise in battle, collide in a hug. Finally you get it. And "it" can mean a number of things from plots, characters, to what to call that pesky dog. Ahhh...zen.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" zen moments:
1. I finally found my bedazzled gloves on ebay last week. Now it all just fits, sparkles, and shines.
2. When the sun went down, I couldn't believe how the colors faded so beautifully. And even though I couldn't find my bike in the dark, it was still wicked awesome.
3. After we were distracted with the nudist beach going by, our line formation was so in sync.
now Bobby, when you do as I say and line them up, then that's MY zen.
do that and you won't be fired.
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a zen moment line of your choice. Biker zen moment lines win big smiles. Non-biker zen moment lines earn semi-grins. No zen lines earn sad panda looks.

WE SURVIVED!! I hope I was able to transform any biker to a wanna-be writer, or in the very least made this entertaining and a good laugh at ourselves. Thanks to everyone that stopped by!!

During the A TO Z, I committed time to the gym, lots and lots of reading, and all of you (of course!!). I have 3 books I am working on, 2 of which are collabs, so I have a ton of catching up to do!

And now, here's me on my new 883 Harley Sportster with no baffles. That means nothing holds back the exhaust piercing your ears with a loud deep grumble you can hear down the street. (I've invested in ear plugs) Yep! That's right. This chick is a biker writer. I take this bad boy to work, and for pleasure on the weekends when the sun says "why hello there..."

KISS MY ASPHALT!!! I'M OFF TO WRITE!!!
 
SEE YA IN THE SUMMERTIME!!! Or sooner if I can stay off pinterest...

 

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your bike looks great.
When I hit Montana and no speed limits, I and my bike were in the moment!

Chrys Fey said...

You sure are one sexy biker writer. ;)

Bish Denham said...

It's easy to do zen meditation while riding a hog... the vibrations do it every time.

Timothy Brannan said...

Congratulations on completing the A to Z blogging challenge!
Don’t forget about the A to Z Reflections post coming up in May.

--
Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
2015 A to Z of Vampires
http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

Pat Hatt said...

She was snug and purred as I drove it in

Jeffrey Scott said...

Having completed the A-Z challenge, a feeling of zen washed over me.
You've certainly kept everyone entertained this month. Great job!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - I'm not sure with your photos and thoughts during the A-Z we can possibly have Zen moments now ... it's more like Zip, Zip and Away ..

Enjoy your bike - looks amazing and such fun .. and you have the spaces for the ride out ... the others have come up with some great comments ...

Cheers Hilary

Patricia Lynne said...

I love those zen writing moments. They don't happen enough.

Congratulations on making it to Z!

~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

Lanise Brown said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from the A to Z Challenge and just wanted to let you know about our party. The A to Z Reflections Linky List will open on Monday May 4th, and you're more than welcome to join.

And congrats on finishing the challenge. Hmm... a Zen biker moment. How about cruising on my Harley on my way home to write, I came up with the perfect new character. :)

Deniz Bevan said...

You had such an awesome A to Z theme! Laughing at all your examples, especially in the X and V posts. Hmm, zen...I spun round to the West, kicked hard, and rode off into the sunset...

Nas said...

Such a great theme...loved the posts!

Lux G. said...

Congrats on surviving the challenge! :D

It was fun reading about bikes here. :)

Sandy said...

Once, and only once cause I don't like to run (can't anymore), I was running and realized I had gone much father without realizing it.

Congrats on finishing.

Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

cleemckenzie said...

You did it! And you made it seem so easy. You rock and ride, too! What a gal.

Great to have you on the Muffin Commando Squad. Let's do it again.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! Your bike is sweet! I'm a little jealous. It's been years since I've been on one. And I'm not sure I'd have the guts anymore! Lol.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You made it! I didn't. Sigh.

I need to get on Pinterest more...

Yolanda Renee said...

Ride, ride, ride!

Congrats on finishing now take all that zen and ride!