Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y: Yielding to the Pros

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
Y: YIELDING TO THE PROS
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must be able to yield to the pros. As much as you want to do things on your own and in your own way, you'll find that there are habits or tips they do/say that actually benefit you. The hardest part...admitting that out loud, because still, your way is pro. Kinda.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" yields to pros:
1. I hate full face helmets. But when that two by four flew off that truck bed and wacked me, I realized my friend was right. I needed a better face coverage.
2. I'm not going to wear brighter colors at night. People can see me. I just have to smile wider.
3. I guess you're right. Wearing a patch that says, "if you can't read this, get closer" was a bad idea.
I'm gonna bite the bullet on this one and say its flame retardant.
Although a few people have said otherwise...
Ok, I'll take it off :(
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a yield to the pros line of your choice. Biker yield to the pros lines win big smiles. Non-biker yield to the pros lines earn semi-grins. No yield to the pro lines earn sad panda looks.
 

9 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yeah, I think those are bad ideas. I write articles about motorcycle accidents for my new job. Stay visible and wear that helmet!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd say the flame retardant wasn't working on that bike.
Mom always said don't weave in and out of traffic. After almost being squished, I now believe her.

Chrys Fey said...

Those were good, Tammy.

My friend said not to let my bike run on empty, but I know I have enough gas. And if I don't, I'll just push my bike down the highway. No big deal. I'll still look hot doing it. ;)

Pat Hatt said...

I was told not to drink and drive, but looking up and drinking rain as it falls works so well.

Bish Denham said...

My dad (who made 7 round trips across the U. S. on his BMW bike) said the most important thing to be was a defensive driver, learn to see an accident coming and know how to dump your bike and walk away. He also thought it was important to be able to do your own repairs.

The only accident he was in was when he was 18 and new to bike riding. One time he had a blowout on the freeway in LA. He got the bike to a center island where he changed and fixed the flat.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Using the median to pass slow traffic is ill-advised.

Jeffrey Scott said...

I like to ride my bike slowly, but was told I look cooler when I ride quickly. And stop using -ly words.

Entrepreneurial Goddess said...

Hello there.
I'm not a biker-babe, but I do love the pink on that there bike...pink is my favourite colour! My advice is just to be as safe a rider/driver as you can and remember, driving/riding is a privilege not a right!
Thanks for sharing.

Entrepreneurial Goddess

Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! said...

Hello there,

I'm not a biker-babe, but I am a biker dawg, Y'all.

I wont say what the pink glorified scooter looks like.

Pawsitive biking, your way,

Penny :)