Monday, April 27, 2015

W: Writing Obsession

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
W: WRITING OBSESSION
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must obtain a writing obsession. You love being a writer and "can't stop writing every minute of every day". Heck, even your grocery lists are lengthy! Or so you say as you're really sitting on the couch watching reruns of Friends while eating ice cream and tweeting about your most recent crazy word count.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" writing obsessed lines:
1. Just because the badge I created takes up my whole backside of my jacket, professing how much work I've put into my bike, doesn't mean I won't have room for my gang patch...somewhere...
2. Do you think the directions I gave to the motorcycle rally were too indepth? I mean 10 pages seemed ok. Right?
3. I created my own parking sign at my house. It reads "Harley Bikers Park Here. If you're not a Harley owner, you can still park here. It's more of a sign to be funny. If you don't understand the humor behind it because you don't have a Harley, I'll explain it to you if you have 15mins."
you're clearly showing off that you can write more than me
clearly...
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a writing obsessed line of your choice. Biker writing obsessed lines win big smiles. Non-biker writing obsessed lines earn semi-grins. No writing obsessed lines earn sad panda looks.
 

7 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Funny about the grocery list. Yes, we writers do get obsessed with it.

Pat Hatt said...

If that comma goes in the wrong place I may be outta gas

Chrys Fey said...

I'll just prop my notebook up on my handle bars and write while I sit at red lights. Who says I can't write while riding my Harley? ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What do you mean that a hundred foxtails on the back of my bike are too many? There's room for a few more...

Lux G. said...

Sometimes I have to get up and write even when I'm already in bed ready to sleep.Or I may be talking to someone or doing something else but in my head I'm already writing a draft. :P

cleemckenzie said...

On my first Harley trip, I started a short story. Once I reached the California-Nevada border it had become a novella. By Kansas I had novel. Wait until I roar into New York with my saga.

Jeffrey Scott said...

Writing obsesses? Yea, that's me. Not only do I write so much on my blog, probably too much, but then I end up reading other blogs and leaving a ridiculous amount of comments. It's as if I can't help myself. I just keep going on and on and on. Like the Energizer bunny. See what I mean? See how long this comment is? I either love writing a lot or I'm crazy in the head. Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B.
Oh, and ride a Harely! There, hope that is satisfactory for a biker related line.