Saturday, April 25, 2015

V: Vocabulary Whiz

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
V: Vocabulary Whiz
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must become a vocabulary whiz. Layman terms? What is that? You must be able to speak in profound google worthy words. It shows you love the written word or fake it by getting a "one a day" big word tear off calendar, throwing said word in "randomly".
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" vocabulary whiz lines:
1. When throttling, I'm sinistral, therefore adjustments are substantially harder to do.
2. I basked in a kickshaw prior to my ride. In other words, no thank you.
3. That lady rider is a hoyden if my eyes ever distinguished one.
So, you're saying it's anatine? Oh yes...


COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a vocabulary whiz line of your choice. Biker vocabulary whiz lines win big smiles. Non-biker vocabulary whiz lines earn semi-grins. No vocabulary whiz lines earn sad panda looks.
 

15 comments:

JoJo said...

Never heard of kickshaw or hoyden!

Pat Hatt said...

Explanations are an exaggeration around the substantiation of a transportation consideration.

Chrys Fey said...

Vocabulary was never my strong suit in school. I may be a writer, but I still can't speak in profound google worthy words. :P

Trisha F said...

Vocab is so important - I don't feel that I do enough to expand my vocab. I need to work on that. Get up some kind of "new word of the day" schedule or something. ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a plethora of alopecurus you have tied to your bike.

Nick Wilford said...

I'm expanding my vocabulary exponentially this month!

Jeffrey Scott said...

The rebels motorbike was as archaic as his lexicon.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - you've tickled a lot of commenters and I fail I expect ... Meat, eggs or Down - which do you fancy and one of us will jump off ..

Cheers Hilary

blogoratti said...

Vocabulary is everything. That photo...ooops!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You've challenged us to a compendium of complicated challenges.

Lux G. said...

Gosh that photo! I feel sorry for the animals. :P

Michael Di Gesu said...

This is one disturbing picture... And one crazing sounding horn....

cleemckenzie said...

You can tell I'm at the end of my alphabet because I can't even think of a biker word, let alone a whole sentence.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Beats me. It's all good.
Take 25 to Hollister
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Heather R. Holden said...

A lot of the biker-related vocabulary in this post is new to me. Uh...shame on me? XD