Wednesday, April 22, 2015

S: Storytime Talk

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
S: STORYTIME TALK
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must know how to storytime talk. If you're going to discuss your outfit, what you're reading/writing, or the person next to you -it's gotta be in a way you would tell a story. You're now so above and beyond your craft, it's clearly barfable, too.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" storytime talk:
1. And I was like "whoa", and then he was like "no way", and then I said "yeah, man".
2. If we take this marked route along the 1938 built piers overlooking the sparkling ocean water, we'd get there in a better allotted amount of time. 
3. When I ride, I don't feel the wind in my hair. I feel the angelic kisses of a million Acadian princesses as they rebel against the King while carrying the vial of enchanted pleasures scorched onto their brass chastity belts. 

Little did we know it would rain mists of ACID in the wild jungles of Babaroo.
True story...
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a storytime talker line of your choice. Biker storytime talk lines win big smiles. Non-biker storytime talk lines earn semi-grins. No storytime talk lines earn sad panda looks.
 

13 comments:

blogoratti said...

Ha, that was a good one...got me smiling! Thanks for sharing, hope your week's going smoothly!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yikes about the acid. Was it really true?

Mark Koopmans said...

My Vespa is so hot that my body tingles when I switch on the 50cc engine...

Bish Denham said...

The scarf, which I had donned in the hopes of looking like Isadora Duncan, did not flow gracefully behind me as I rode my hog down highway 101. No... it flapped and slapped at my face like a mad butterfly leading me to the conclusion that I might be on the cusp of loosing my life in a way similar to the famed dancer. Not what I had in mind when I wanted to look like her.

Chrys Fey said...

That first one...ROFL.

Once upon a time, I got on a bike and I never got off. The end.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Life is like riding without a face plate - you'll be splattered by many bugs.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

The bugs splash against my goggles in horrid species suicidal rain.

Jeffrey Scott said...

It was time for tea and biscuits, which Sally and I enjoyed while riding our hog. As we sipped, we received so many odd looks. The looks! What was everyone staring at?

Pat Hatt said...

Acid? blah to that.

The fancy smancy turned to rugged and bare when she hopped on the back

M Pax said...

"A pink bike rocks. I will rule the road."

Annalisa Crawford said...

I hear #1 on the bus all the time, without a bike in sight!

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

cleemckenzie said...

"Wanna see my Harley?" she asked, her voice raspy from the chilled air.
He took one step back before she grabbed him by the shirt front.
"I insist."

Heather R. Holden said...

LOL, love these! I'm pretty certain I've heard #1 before... ;)