Monday, April 20, 2015

Q: Query Drama Queen

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
Q: QUERY DRAMA QUEEN
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must know how to have query drama. From trying to perfect the query, to finding the right agent to query, and down to the wait for the results of sending your query. Query drama is the endless biznitch cycle of most writers.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" query dramas:
1. Do you think starting the pitch with "He drove into the wind like a bat out of hell..." is too cliché?
2. I'm waiting to see if the Harley Magazine will publish my article titled, "Hogs Are People, Too."
3. Boss Frankensteinpisspants. I don't know, but man, I'm going to send my poem about making love on a saddlebag to him. I just feel he's the one.
it's a story about a guy with a cape and a unique-ish motorcycle that like fights people...
trust me, never been done.

COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a query drama line of your choice. Biker query drama lines win big smiles. Non-biker query drama lines earn semi-grins. No query drama lines earn sad panda looks.
 

13 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

What a great choice for Q. We've all been query drama queens at one time or another.

Elephant's Child said...

It is a battle to the death. Slanty-eyed Hondas, taking on Triumphs with a cockney accent. Wheels will spin. Engines will roar...

blogoratti said...

That was a great read!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's the greatest thing ever since the invention of saddle bags!

Chrys Fey said...

Frankensteinpisspants...HAHAHA!!!

Pat Hatt said...

Jumping Valleys and Jumping Valley Girls

Annalisa Crawford said...

Oh dear, it's Q day already, and I haven't left a comment yet. In truth, the commenter challenges scare me, and now you've got sad panda eyes, haven't you? :-)

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

David P. King said...

I would do a wheely if you would just look at my query. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

This love story is hotter ride than any hog.

Jeffrey Scott said...

In this story, everyone dies at the end, but how and why?

Bish Denham said...

Zooming here and there around voluptuous curves, our hero's girl friend complains, "Slow down, you move to fast."

Lisa said...

I lOVE Jeffrey Scott's comment! LOL Gotta love pink if you ride this hog... Sorry, my brain and eyes are turning to mush after a full day of blogging! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

Mark Koopmans said...

I'm still a drama queen.

Indeed, I am quite the needy nerd.

Quiet now!