Saturday, April 18, 2015

P: Pantser of Pants

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
P: PANTSER OF PANTS
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must know if you're going to be a pantser writer. Being a pantser requires no outlining of any kind. You clearly have ideas, a plot, characters, but you're going to let them create more of the story as you go. And when you can't go anywhere else, just type "the end" for good measure.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" pantser lines:
1. I'm just going to take my hands off these handle bars and see where the bike takes me. Whoa wait, I almost died...
2. Let me close my eyes and point at the map. That's where we'll ride to today.
3. I totally didn't think of gassing up, but I don't care! (Bike chugs) I kinda care!
I took the pink pill on a whim...and now my bike looks electrifying!
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a pantser line of your choice. Biker panstser lines win big smiles. Non-biker pantser lines earn semi-grins. No pantser lines earn sad panda looks.
 

15 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I like leaning into left hand corners. So that's where we will go today. Unless the lights change. Or the scenery looks better. Lean baby, lean.

blogoratti said...

Haha, that was quite refreshing!

Pat Hatt said...

The sign says stop, so we'll keep on going

Chrys Fey said...

Haha! Those were great.

The speed limit is 40 but I think I'll go 80 to see what happens.

The Silver Fox said...

I thought I knew where I was going, but this thing seems to be guiding itself!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wandering and getting lost is the best way to drive and write

Lux G. said...

Haha. Nice how you made them correlate this way.

Have fun driving and writing out there. :)

Jeffrey Scott said...

I thought a pantser was someone who pulled the pants down of someone else.

JoJo said...

Hi Tammy! I don't see an email for you so here's what I do for the shepherd's pie:

Brown 2 lbs of ground turkey. Drain well then return to frying pan with chopped onion and put in a bottle of Heinz chili sauce. Mix well, then put in bottom of 9x13 glass baking dish. Put a layer of corn on top - either canned or cook a bag of frozen. Then top with mashed potatoes...I make up a saucepan of instant mashed cause it's easier. Sprinkle parm cheese on top of the mashed and dot with pats of butter. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Tammy Theriault said...

Mine is similar but I like the idea of adding corn and using turkey meat!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm going to add a Southern flare to this -
Hey everybody, watch this!

Denise Covey said...

I rev that Ducati to the limit, round the corner, then OMG! Who put that brick wall there?!

Suzi said...

Definitely a pantser. Maybe I'll write down a few notes about plot, but most of it usually comes from pantsing. :)

Man, Storymakers is only a month away and I'm still depressed I won't get to see you. Damn motorcycle. :)

And yes, I'm glad I'm like half a country away, cause you'd probably slap me for that previous line. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - that pink pill is working wonders .. I'll order the same agai - I might fly this time ..

Love your photos .. cheers Hilary

Nick Wilford said...

Who needs a map? Hard to see the road when the wind's blowing it in your face anyway!