Friday, April 17, 2015

O: Outliner of Life

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
O: OUTLINER OF LIFE
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must know if you're going to outline or not. If you're an outline writer, every single point in your future book will be organized and thought out via computer or paper in an outline. It shows you're committed to an exact story, clearly thought through, and you have a slight OCD about it.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" outliner qualities:
1. Before I turned on the key, I checked my tire pressure, my gas, my oil, and then re-buffed the entire bike. Let me go back and double checked I didn't miss anything...
2. This map shows three routes, but the fourth one looks more precise and on track with no scenic views, just straight to the point of our destination. That's clearly the one.
3. Mental thinking: After I make this left, I'm going to turn right after two lights, go down the hill 3/4 of a mile and then take a sharp left to my house...that I go to everyday...with the same route.

DON'T take a pic of me!! That WAS NOT in the outline!!! Stick to the outline!!

COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a outliner quality line of your choice. Biker outline quality lines win big smiles. Non-biker outliner quality lines earn semi-grins. No outliner quality lines earn sad panda looks.
 

11 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

I hit the road and just let it lead me.

Chrys Fey said...

Before I check my gas and oil and all of those thing, I need to make sure my boots are tied tightly, that me jacket is zipped, and my helmet is secured. Wait, where are my sunglasses?

cleemckenzie said...

Once I enter the open field I will take note of cows to the left of me, cows to the right and stay stuck in the middle with you.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Calculating speed, scanning for cars, adjust position - now gun it into traffic!

S. L. Hennessy said...

I tend to outline, and then stray off the path. It works for me.

Good luck with the A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

David P. King said...

I plan where I'm going on the map, but who knows what will happen on the road. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Shifting gears to climb the slope upward toward the story climax.

Elephant's Child said...

Remembering to face the direction you want to go in is always a big help.

Nick Wilford said...

I tend to get distracted by shiny subplots waving from the side of the road.

Jeffrey Scott said...

I had my entire trip outlined, but I didn't stick to it and now I'm lost. Knew I should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque.

Mark Koopmans said...

I once outlined how to *walk* around the world.

In 2002.

Using MapQuest.

True Story...