Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L: Learn the ABCEFD Basics

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
L: LEARN THE ABCEFD BASICS
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer you must learn the basics. Every decent writer learns basic writing skills through research, practice, and workshops. By doing so, they strengthen their "craft" and have the necessary tools to build a stellar story. Plus you get to refer to it all as "honing your craft" to make yourself sound extra cool somehow.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" learning basics:
1. So you're saying I have to synchronize my feet and hands with the controls? What is this? Dancing?
2. I went to riding school a long time ago. It was called Bikers, Babes, and Basics.
3. I learned how to spit and not have it hit you back in the face. Now that is skill!

I learned the evolution of bikers...they did come from apes!
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a learning basics line of your choice. Biker learning basics lines win big smiles. Non-biker learning basics lines earn semi-grins. No learning basics lines earns sad panda looks.
 

19 comments:

klahanie said...

Hey Tam-bear,

Yes, it's me! I'm sure you've realised that I've been in the background.

You are doing that idiotic alphabet challenge, I notice. What the "L"!

You are such a biker chick, Tam-bear! :)

Gary

JoJo said...

I don't think I could ever be coordinated enough to ride a bike. Shifting with my feet? Yeah, not that talented.

Nick Wilford said...

Bicycling, yes. Motorbiking, no. Pretty much everyone I know who rode one fell off, including my dad. Maybe they should have heeded this line: Brakes are better than breaks!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I learned how to take a tumble from Evel Knievel.

Pat Hatt said...

It's easy to take those curves after spending a night in Vegas.

Chrys Fey said...

#3 made me laugh. Sorry, I don't have one for you today.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Like costing downhill on your bike, taking a beginner class will teach you some balance.

cleemckenzie said...

I learned that if you give me a bike, I'm a chick magnet.

David P. King said...

Once you learn to ride a bike, you never forget. And why would you want to? :)

Elephant's Child said...

I learned that forks in the road can lead to dangerous/painful spills.

Jeffrey Scott said...

A few days ago I learned not to read a book while riding a bike.

storytreasury said...

LOL I don't think I have any lines!

Donna McDine said...

I can't think of one line. Ugh!

Mark Koopmans said...

I'm just happy today's biker has clothes :)

How do you ride like that??? Crazy!

Christine Rains said...

I got my certificate on how to wear chaps without getting chapped.

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I've never ridden a motorcycle, but I do know it's important to wear a helmet to protect yourself when on one. I think that might be similar to writers doing what they need to do to protect their work, not necessarily from "falling off the bike" but from stuff like other writers stealing their writing or stuff like losing their writing when their computer breaks down.

Jay Noel said...

I learned that a strawberry isn't just a fruit. Ouch.

blogoratti said...

Interesting read, thanks for sharing!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - crumbs - I hate to have to ride like that .. looks like being strung up by the arms ..

your photos are so 'funny' to look at .. cheers Hilary