Monday, April 13, 2015

K: Killing Your Oh My Darlings

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
K: KILLING YOUR OH MY DARLINGS
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer you must learn how to kill your darlings or babies. It's hard to let those precious words go, but by killing off those darlings of yours, you get more to the point and stop the dragging. Plus people like to use the phrase to sound all so-fis-tomicated and stuff.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" killing of darlings:
1. I took off all the shiny chrome, and surprisingly my bike weighed 100lbs lighter!
2. After the friend fell of the back seat, I could finally ease the bike through sharp turns.
3. I'm not sure I need a head lamp. My handy flashlight should equate.

need to cut out: girlie highlights, multiple necklaces, and possible tight pants...to name a few.


 COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a killing your darlings line of your choice. Biker killing of darlings lines win big smiles. Non-biker killing of darlings lines earn semi-grins. No killings of darlings lines earns sad panda looks.
 

13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

So long as the sad pandas are safe from being killed.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So true, we have to kill those darlings. It took me way too long to learn that rule.

Pat Hatt said...

With no helmet, pedal was to the metal and brains landed on the road

Chrys Fey said...

When my exhaust pipe fell off during that last curve, I was really able to gun it. Until my bike died...

Jay Noel said...

Missouri is probably going to be dropping the helmet law. On the bright side, that means organ donations will be increasing!

Jeffrey Scott said...

Never steal a bikers raccoon tail. They don't like that and might conduct their own killing of some sort.
(Saw this in a movie once).

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lose the saddlebags and lighten the load!

Lady Lilith said...

Oh boy. Sounds a bit like my blog with all the killing.

David P. King said...

I challenged my friend to a biker race, and killed it! :)

Donna McDine said...

Grind it baby, until the sparks begin to burn!

Trisha F said...

I always have so many rambling darlings to kill :/ But it feels heaps better once they are dead and gone! ;)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Dropped the added chains off the denim loops, dumbstruck, the bike shifted without a hitch and sped off, dropping me on my considerable arse...

Clarabelle Rant said...

Once I turned off that loud bone rattling muffler sound, fellow drivers stopped flipping me off. (That was fun!)

You can find me here:
ClarabelleRant