Wednesday, April 8, 2015

G: Genre Nerd

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
G: GENRE NERD
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must know every genre like a nerd. Plus, not just know the genre but what the subgenre is. By doing so, it shows how involved you are with your craft, and how much you somehow pay attention to all that.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" genre labeling:
1. Lord of the Bike Wheels is a landmark high/epic fantasy, but you knew that...
2. The non-fiction memoir Roads I've Traveled While Pulling Wheelies spoke to me...in high pitches.
3. My Motorcycle, My Vibrator is not erotica romance, it's just erotica because it lacks a happy ending. That's what happens when the girl doesn't buy a V-Twin. No throttle power.
 
Found this misplaced next to the KNIVES.
Clearly this is kitchen utensils genre. Clearly...

 COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a genre label line of your choice. Biker genre label lines win big smiles. Non-biker genre label lines earn semi-grins. No genre label lines earns sad panda looks.
 

11 comments:

Dani said...

I'm really big into genre's. I know which ones I can really dive into and which ones will put me to sleep.

Trisha F said...

New genres seem to crop up all the time, too - so you gotta be on the ball!

Also, I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to SOME kinds of music genres. Like metal. There's thrash metal, doom metal (my personal fave), hair metal, symphonic metal, etc. ;)

Mark Koopmans said...

Hahaha!

#3

You crack me up!!!

'Nuff said.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Chopper Chicks from Venus is definitely space opera!

Chrys Fey said...

HAHA! #3 made me laugh. Hilarious!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Revving the Phantasm would fall under paranormal with erotic elements.

Christine Rains said...

My Little Biker Pony is definitely YA dystopian.

Pat Hatt said...

Biker Mice From Mars, whoops that one is real. Willy Wonka and The Biker Fetish

cleemckenzie said...

Easy Biker Chick Paranormal to release on Easter. I'm posting this image for you on fb! Grab your bike and get ready to roll.

M Pax said...

Treads on Fire, Biker Urban Fantasy / Paranormal.

Untethered Realms / MPax

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

OA Romance. Old Adult Romance for the old folks who still like to get it on every Saturday night after bingo.