Monday, April 6, 2015

E: Editor to Everyone

 My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
E: EDITOR TO EVERYONE
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must feel like an editor to everyone. This means when people talk, write, post...you just can't stop yourself from mentally editing what they say/write. And sometimes you can't even stop yourself from correcting them openly. You just can't resist the urge to show off your smarty pants-ness.
 

 Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" edits:
1. When you write v twin make sure to write it V-twin. Geez...
2. I hear what you were saying, but took out the whole middle part, and the meat of what I heard was: I found riding boots on sale, and bought them. See how much easier that was?
3. I'm sorry, "way funner"? I'm sure you meant "more fun". Right?
 
This bike is "way funner"!
 
COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me an editor line of your choice. Biker editor lines win big smiles. Non-biker editor lines earn semi-grins. No editor lines earns sad panda looks.
 

15 comments:

Dani said...

I almost don't want to leave a comment due to getting a sad panda face... but you can edit my comment if you want.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I might be a sad panda too. Glad I really like pandas.

Pat Hatt said...

You're ride is special

Chrys Fey said...

"He's doing a lot better. He's made a 360." Umm...don't you mean a 180? A 360 means he's back to the way he was and hasn't changed at all. A 180 means he's turned around.

So that was a real conversation I had. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Chopper is not capitalized when it refers to your kitchen gadget.

cleemckenzie said...

We assume the splot after the quotes wasn't panda poop.

Elephant's Child said...

If you want your work to have power you need more Ducati. Much more Ducati.

Melissa Sugar said...

Hi, I'm late making the A to Z rounds and I am sort of afraid to comment, because I feel lost. I clearly need to go back and start from the beginning with letter A. Until, I do, just accept this comment as my hello from the A to Z challenge. I will read your other letters today.

Bish Denham said...

Didn't you mean "rev your engine" instead of "reb your engine"?

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Varoom can be italicized, or air quoted.
(totally lame, but hey...wasn't sure what a biker edit was.)

Mark Koopmans said...

"I'm planning to leave the Vespa over there in the pubic parking lot!"

SC Author said...

"This is going so well! It's such a good story - wait, wait, what just happened. Genre shift. No. Reverse. Reverse."

Rena said...

Harleys do not 'leak.' They 'mark their territory.'

Tammy Theriault said...

THAT was funny!

Trisha F said...

Generally I just twitch on the inside when I see something I want to edit. And then I scream in horror when I realise one of my comments from yesterday or whatever, has a horrible typo that can't be edited away. ARGH!