Friday, April 3, 2015

C: Cover Spirit Fingers

My A to Z Challenge theme:
How to turn a Biker into a Wannabe Writer
 
C: COVER SPIRIT FINGERS
 
Ok, biker babes, when pretending to be a writer, you must be able to show cover appreciation.  Praising/doing cover reveals shows your support while also helping them get noticed. No matter if it looks like they drew it while blindfolded, or snapped a shot of someone and said "now smile!".

 
Ready to  practice?? Repeat after me with some simple "biker related" cover praises:
1. Love the cover! Reminds me of the road kill I just passed.
2. The woman looks like she just rode for hours - weathered and tired. Nice!
3. That couple is perfect! Just like my bike with a perfect couple of loud mufflers. Perfect!
Great cover! Doesn't make me wanna run the mouse over;
nope...not at all...ok, I do. But great cover!

COMMENTER CHALLENGE: Give me a cover praise of your choice. Biker cover praises win big smiles. Non-biker cover praises earn semi-grins. No cover praises earns sad panda looks. 


16 comments:

Christine Rains said...

Your cover is so beautiful it reminds me of the Harley-Davidson FXB.

Bish Denham said...

What an awesome junkyard bike you found for you cover. And your model, looks like she's lived on it all her life!

Donna McDine said...

Tricycle, bicycle, motorcycle...as long as I can stick an HD on it I'm good to groove.

Great big shout out to my fellow Muffin Commando Squad partner in crime. You go girl!

JoJo said...

Why am I not seeing the covers that your other commenters mentioned? Am I supposed to click on something?

L.G. Smith said...

Ha! Great cover. Really captures the freedom of the road, the wind in your hair, the bugs in your teeth...

Pat Hatt said...

Great cover! Proof of what happens when you drive without a helmet.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was my favorite book as a kid.
I've seen skidmarks that looked better than that cover.

Chrys Fey said...

The Mouse and The Motorcycle. I remember that one. lol

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - certainly a great cover - and a story to go with it .. bet it was amusing. Can't say I've ever wanted to ride a motorbike - and I don't have enough hair to let it stream out behind me!!

Once again .. I'm a failure at coming up with titles .. cheers Hilary

cleemckenzie said...

Now that cover has some tread to it! Do I win a prize? I don't get panda looks, that's for sure.

David P. King said...

That cover left an impression on me, like the disgruntled biker dude I met at the bar. :)

Mark Koopmans said...

Wow, I love the lines of your book, it reminds me of my Vespa :)

Elephant's Child said...

That cover is as loud as a Ducatti.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

The cover gets attention like a rat caught in the headlights of my Harley.

Tammy Theriault said...

Nope!! They're made up. ;)

J Lenni Dorner said...

Ha ha ha. I love the book choice.