Monday, March 16, 2015

PIMPBOOKMAMA: I LOVE Me a Fun Blondie!

PIMPBOOKMAMA here saying when a soft as a peach Blondie knocks on your door, you answer. When she barges in smelling of apple pie, you ask her to stay. And when you can't help but lick her cheek to see if she tastes as good as she smells, you accept the smack across your face.
That's how my night went when I met :
CORTNEY PEARSON
Little did I know, it was her new release, Such A Secret Place, she came to show me. Due to the throbbing red mark across my face, I told her she must play MY game before she showed me the goods. So...here we go!

I'M BETTER AT...by Cortney Pearson
I'm better at playing clarinet than piano.
I'm better hitting the books than the gym.
I'm better cooking frozen waffles than fish.
I'm better at being a mom than a duck.
I'm better at writing awesome things than not awesome things.

M*A*S*H TIME!!!
Cortney chose for her men: Capt Hook from Once Upon a Time and Kit from Cinderella
Pimpbookmama's choice: Bigfoot

Cortney chose for her cars: limo with driver and a pink sparkly corvette like Barbie's
Pimpbookmama's choice: tricycle

Cortney chose for her kid(s) number: 3 and 4
Pimpbookmama's choice: 12

Cortney chose for her pets: chinchilla and chicken
Pimpbookmama's choice: hungry bear

Cortney chose for her income: 1 billion and $376,522.17
Pimpbookmama's choice: -$2
 
Cortney's name was said while making the vertigo wheel and this was her end result of her life:

Dearest Cortney,
I would like to wish you well on your journey as you live in your swanky apartment married to Big Foot. I'm sure the 3 children will become quite hairy and noticeable as the family enjoys excursions on tricycles. Even though you will be making a billion dollars, it is with great regret to see you depart this world as your newest pet, a hungry bear, will inevitably eat your entire scrumptious family.
                                                                       Forever and more,
                                                                     PIMPBOOKMAMA
 
But! Before Cortney is eaten by her newest pet, a hungry bear,
"feast" your eyes on her newest release:
SUCH A SECRET PLACE
Coming: April 1, 2015
YA fantasy
A wizard's spell has trapped them. Only her tears can set them free.
 
Raids splatter across the news--Arcaian soldiers are stealing magic left and right, using it against the people they steal it from. When sixteen-year-old Ambry Csille's brother gets taken in one of these raids, her utter fear and panic should be enough to invoke tears in any normal world. But for Ambry, tears are a thing of the past. Because of a spell, people can no longer feel emotion; not enough to cry, and definitely not enough to defend themselves against the tyrannical soldiers stealing her people’s magic. A rare vial of enchanted tears chooses Ambry to reverse the spell, and soon she finds herself the target not only of the Arcaians, but of battle-scarred Talon Haraway, who wants the tears for his own reasons.  All Ambry wants is to rescue her brother, but when her tears get stolen, Ambry determines to work with Talon to get them back. Any day the Arcaians could drink her tears. Any day they’ll succeed at draining her people's magic completely, and all hope will be gone—not only for her brother, but for her world.
 
 
QUESTION FOR COMMENTERS:
1. If you had a vial of something...what would it contain?
2. If you had magical powers...what would they do?


18 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to Courtney on her new book! Fun seeing her choices.

JoJo said...

Congratulations Courtney!

That reminded me of a mad lib. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Funny! Shame her family will be eaten by a hungry bear though.

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats Courtney.

-$2 must take some skill lol

T. Drecker said...

That was fun - although not for her family and the hungry bear. Love the cover!

cleemckenzie said...

Based on those MASH UPs, you two are unique, indeed.

Hope Cortney has great success with her book. Wonderful to meet her, and I'd much prefer Captain Hook to Bigfoot, so I'm sure the two of us would hit it off.

Chrys Fey said...

I don't play any instruments, so you're better at that than I am. Oh, and I love Captain Hook from Once Upon a Time. ;) Congratulations, Cortney!

Elephant's Child said...

Smiling so broadly after reading this that my face hurts. Thank you both.
Love the sound of Courtney's book and despite having left YA behind several decades ago I would devour it.
Magic power? Flight.
Magic vial? Don't need it. I can/will fly anywhere and anywhen to get what I need.

Cortney Pearson said...

Thanks so much, Tammy. This was hoots and halves and all kinds of fun goodness. (And Bigfoot? Really? LOL *laughs*) I love the perilous twist at the end--definitely a new take to MASH. (Btw, my 9 y/o niece and I started playing Mash while I was coming up with my answers, ha. She ended up living in a shack and driving a scooter.)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wait, instead of Captain Hook she got Big Foot?
I need a vial of energy potion.
I would definitely use my magic to create world peace. Snap my fingers and put women in charge. Tada... peace.

David P. King said...

Love these pimped-out posts. Congratulations, Cortney! April 1st is just around the corner. :)

Donna McDine said...

Congratulations to Courtney. I so enjoy your humor, Tammy!

Heather Holden said...

What a fun post! I'm better at hitting the books instead of the gym, too. (Gyms? What are those? LOL.) And wow, the cover for Such a Secret Place is absolutely stunning. Best of luck to Cortney with this release!

Nas said...

Congrats to Courtney on her new book!

Jay Noel said...

Best wishes to Courtney!

If I had a vial of something, it'd be medicine to help my oldest stop coughing and one for my youngest to stop having the butt-squirts.

You asked!

Suzi said...

I think I would like to fly. That'd be pretty cool. :)

Can't wait to read Cortney's next book!

Lux Ganzon said...

Congrats, Courtney! Nice cover.

Melissa Sugar said...

Congratulation to Courtney on her new book . This was a fun and exciting way to promote it. Love it. Felt like a game of Mad Libs and even at my age , I still love to play .
My vial would contain an antedote to any and every disease
My magical power: hmm. I am torn between the magical ability to be invisible and the ability to fly. I've always daydreamed about being able to fly.