Monday, November 17, 2014

My Fall Entertainment Media FAVS!

Let me just say - I LOVE FALL!
You can call it autumn, but pffft... I call it fall. According to Wikipedia, it's an interchangeable meaning. In your face autumn word lovers! Besides, when people fall, I laugh. Hence why I gravitate towards "fall" as my seasonal word.
Don't pretend you didn't snicker at that one!
And this season has brought us so many CRAZY GOOD entertainment media choices.
OH. MY. WORD!
 
Here is my fall-overrules-autumn-votes-
OK, whoops! Let me start over...
 
HERE is MY list of my fav FALL (not autumn) entertainment media hits!
  
(play that funky music white boy! <--- don't you just love naïve people!)
  
KONGOS: "I'm Only Joking" (I BLARE this song made for me...love Kongos anything!)
HOZIER: "Take Me to Church" (Blare and sing loud! Yes!!!!)
MILKY CHANCE: "Stolen Dance" (head bopper!!)
TV ON THE RADIO: "Happy Idiot" (love the different feel this one gives!)
BIG DATA: "Dangerous" (gives me an 80's vibe I miss!)
LORDE: "Yellow Flicker Beat" (so dark and beautiful!!!)
SIA: "Chandelier" (so crazy freakin' good...wow)
MUSE: "Madness" (ANYTHING Muse does is instant gold...this is NO exception)


(play that funky show blue monster... ?? <--- was that politically correct enough?)
  
DEAD AGAIN - seriously, I just want to re-investigate with them so bad!!!
BROOKLYN NINE NINE - genius comedy. omg....
LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON - I LUST this show...that's bad.
THE VOICE - proof that looks don't make the talent...people do.
SLEEPY HOLLOW - never a dull or "sleepy" moment!
SONS OF ANARCHY (SOA) - not enough space to say how genius this show is. Holy CRAP!

(I'm aware they're tons more, but not that I want to see. THESE I want to see.)
 
BIG HERO 6 - saw it, loved it, cried; caring is the word people!!
DRACULA UNTOLD - turned to hubs "we HAVE to see that!", got the "yes" nod back.
THE BOXTROLLS - just looks fun!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Now it's YOUR turn! What are you listening to, watching, or craving to see in the theaters? Any of my selections your selections?


27 comments:

JoJo said...

Well since I don't recognize a single thing on your playlist I'm gonna guess you are at least 20 years younger than me. lol I also say 'fall'. Mostly cause I have a friend named Autumn!! :D

I'm just listening to my mix tapes as usual...nothing really fall-themed, just tunes I like. But I'll be switching over to my holiday themed mix tapes soon. For new fall shows, I looked forward to Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and Mom. And my husband loves all those gold mining and Alaska survival shows.

Pat Hatt said...

Sons of Anarchy is awesome indeed. I watch a tad too much at my feed lol

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Up next on my visits to the cinema will be "Gone Girl" and "Birdman."

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm enjoying Sleepy Hollow too, OUAT, Scorpion and Hell on Wheels.
I love fall too but winter is pushing it aside too quick.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

seriously?

I guess they oughta come in flavors

That first photo snarled my thinking process...did anything come after it?

The Happy Whisk said...

I use both terms, it's not a big deal to me. Whatever floats someone's boat.

Though it doesn't much matter as it's been all over here for a bit now. Welcome snowballs and fun.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

But Jimmy Fallon IS hilarious.

Elephant's Child said...

Autumn for me. Blame it on upbringing (and the culture us Aussies are notorious for not having).

SuperLux said...

Had a good laugh. And these are really nice songs. They're new to me but they're good new.

dolorah said...

SOA and Dracula; yep, these go together well. Throw in some Walking Dead and Rob Zombie's Living Dead Girl and the entertainment is complete.

S.K. Anthony said...

You had me at Pumpkin Spice . . . but I'll take a latte instead of latex, just sayin'

Yes, Yes, Yes to Muse and Sia and and and and pretty much your whole list. The shows too, though I have to catch up on Sleepy Hollow and umm, not sure how to say this so I'll just spill it: I have not watched SOA. O_O I know, I know . . .

At the moment I'm craving to see Big Hero 6 also & Hunger Games #3

Thanks for the fun and laugher over here, Mamacita! It was much needed ;)

Tammy Theriault said...

you guys rule. have I told you that lately ??

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I haven't seen or heard most of the stuff on your list, except for Jimmy Fallon's show. I usually watch crime dramas like NCIS and Blue Bloods; I love those shows.
Autumn lasted a few weeks in Chicago before it quickly switched to the mind (and body)-numbing, teeth-chattering season known as winter.

Michelle Wallace said...

Well, as a non-American I have to go with the word autumn.
Thanks for the laughs!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I need to catch up on Sons. I don't watch much TV. Can't ever find the remote.

L.G. Smith said...

My sister's name is Autumn, so I go with fall too. :)

And I'm a little bit hooked on British shows right now. Currently I'm watching Peaky Blinders. It's about bookies and thugs taking over Birmingham just after WWI. So brilliant.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Tammy! I recognise 3 things on your list.

I'm watching TV - The Blacklist, Madam Secretary, NCIS and enjoy The Voice when it's on.

I thought it was only Autumn here in the southern hemisphere. Always Fall in the north. Fall sounds nice and very apt with the leaves, er, falling...

Denise :)

Tanya Lynne Reimer said...

Everyone watches The Voice at our house so I use that as my sneak away to write moment. I have cool music in the background and all is good. Enjoy your fall.

Tanya Lynne Reimer said...

Everyone watches The Voice at our house so I use that as my sneak away to write moment. I have cool music in the background and all is good. Enjoy your fall.

Suzi said...

Yes, I'll admit it. I did snicker. :)

I also saw the Box Trolls. I'm kinda mixed on it. I've never read any steam punk, but that's exactly what it made me think of. That's not the reason I'm mixed on the movie though, it was just a little weird to me. Hard to explain why because I can't quite put my finger on what it was. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it.

Al Diaz said...

I know none of the shows you mentioned, but sure I want to see Big Gero 6! Dragon Hugs!

Al Diaz said...

That should be Hero. Blame tablet.

Crystal Collier said...

Other than movies, we have very different tastes. We don't watch reality TV shows in this house, and TV is limited to what we download. Radio... What is that? Seriously. If I'm listening, I can't compose--which just isn't cool.

I think our main entertainment is reading, and I've got so many fall reads I'm looking forward to that I could get swallowed by my kindle.

Unleashing the Dreamworld

Loni Townsend said...

Yay for Milky Chance! I like Kongos too. I picked up I'm Only Joking back when it was free on Amazon. It was the first I'd heard of them. I'm not a Muse fan (too high of voice at times) but I'll check out the rest.

I don't get to watch much TV because of the young kiddos, but when I do, it's Castle, Bones, and Sleepy Hollow. :)

Sherry Ellis said...

I like, "Chandelier," too. That woman has an awesome voice!

Stephanie Faris said...

I realized on Halloween that Spotify had a "scary noises" channel. I think that would have been perfect to play while trick or treaters were approaching!

What about that annoying song from childhood about Thanksgiving? "Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go..."

Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar! said...

Hi alleged human, Tam-bare,

Durex? Ah yes, I know that one, it has a big fluffy sheepdog in the commercials advertising paint. Oh, sorry, that's "Dulux" which you probably never heard of. Paint stripping, eh Tam-bare?

Rather worryingly, we have a number of your crap American TV shows over here. Of course, Muse is a British band, so that makes sense.

Yes, I Fall for your pawsts, my lovely human friend. However, it's "theatre" not "theater"! Arf!

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny :)