Wednesday, July 2, 2014

IWSG: this is me... PART ONE



HI! Good morning, morrow, or eventide. My name is Tammy Theriault (Teri-o). Have you seen me before? I'm not hard to find. I have crazy red, spirally hair that sometimes has an imagination. People generally know me by that and my "attitude". Oddly enough, my mom is a quiet mouse and my dad, the boss, tells dirty jokes. I'm their spawn mixture. But don't be deceived. I have a quiet side too. (it's called sleep...dirty sleep)

I have four kids, each with varying personalities, between ages 4-10. The jokester, the diva, the cutie, and the baby-pie. I also managed to snag me a handsome, yet expensive, thing called a husband. I let him out of his cage once in a while. When I do, he showers me with hugs/kisses which lead to other things... (and sometimes thank you's). We're polar opposites in personality at times, but we have that one thing that keeps us going- we're infatuated with each other. (or so I hypnotize him to be). I'm an alpha male lover - he's my pure bred premium alpha. (The hypnotizing works...)

I have a wip - it's in my closet. I also have another WIP - it's on my laptop. I currently am doing a entire revamp on it. (i took out the vampires...). I discovered when a beta hit me with a question, I drew a blank. It looked like this:                . So I decided to do something - but I got arrested for nude jaywalking. I refocused on a new angle. Now I'm so proud of where the story is going - I wish to the bank making holla money, but for now, it's making 111111111 encryptions in the matrix. (don't take the green pill. Lawrence is wrong.)

In my non-spare daytime, I work making non-holla money. You'll never guess what I do (hides high heels and Pretty Woman outfit). My hubs and I work very hard fulltime. Sometimes we also work hard on picking on one another. I cave first. He caves later (in his cage). We're planning an overnight trip together on our motorcycles. We rarely get time just him and I (unless we're making the bed...we're terrible at it) and so my Dad and son will be riding along, too. (See what I mean?) My hubs taught me to ride a motorcycle two years ago - he put me on the bike and said "go". I ran into a bush. (I thought he said "throw" and by that - my body...into a bush).

The house I live in has 7 flower beds. Little did the previous owner know that I specialize in weeds and not caring. I don't have time for that bull-crap. (horse fertilizer works, too) Butt...I do my best. Did you know I can watch Criminal Minds reruns and not get work done? Please...don't look in my flower beds. (I hide bodies better now.)

I drink a ton of wine all the time in the summer. My frying pan won't let me keep the alcohol, and the muscles steaming in them are lushes (trust me...bearded drunks). When I'm not pretending to be an alcoholic at the grocery store, I'm adding up tags at the thrift shop. I've been thrifting my wardrobe since I was 14. (not to be mistaken with pimping, those guys don't thrift except "grandpa's clothes with $20 in tha pockets").

Music is my Prozac. My doctor says that's two legit to quit. I have a hard time crying (takes tweezers out of pocket), but music can make me cry. Classical music makes me bawl. Opera pulls my heart out (I've big doctor bills from those) and other music effects me as well, except rap. Most of it is what I would use as fertilizer. I sing constantly, and louder when I vacuum (I steal the show). My diva daughter sings constantly, too. She sang in the last two school talent shows. I tried to steal the show while accompanying her on the piano but, I didn't want to have to say sorry later. (I don't apologize well)


Ladies and gentleman, I hope you have learned a little something about me. Am I that...insecure? (promo-ing added a dollar in my account). I rarely EVER do tell you anything about myself, and I realized that a few days ago. So, I plan on making a better effort. Part one...complete!



What can you tell me about yourself? 3 THINGS GO!!!! Do you have any questions you'd like me to answer in PART TWO?

34 comments:

Mark Means said...

It's always great to find out more about a blogging buddy...whether all the facts are factual, or not ;)

The best part was that you pronounced your last name...thank you! I had been saying "There Alt" in my head the entire time.

Denise Covey said...

Hey Tammy, I wasn't sure how much of this is fact and how much is fiction. Whatever, it is entertaining and sounds honest. I'm with you on the WIPs and flower beds. Yours is the kind of hair I give my heroines. Lucky you to own it.

Denise

Denise Covey said...

And naughty you...you went over 300 words!!!! Join the club...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I really enjoyed learning more about you! And I like how you spelled out your surname phonetically for us, LOL! Of course, every Canadian knows how to properly pronounce French surnames and so that's my question for you: whether Theriault is your husband's family's name or your own family name, there must be a connection to Quebec somewhere! What is it?

Pat Hatt said...

So a singing alcoholic that likes to walk nude, crashes motorcycles, has no time for bull crap and can't make a bed. damn, that was a lot in one go lmao

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Your family sounds weird, I mean lovely. Thanks for sharing all that.
Now that my kids are grown my flower beds are lovely. I was born a farmer and can grow anything.
I love running in the heat of the day. Mid 90's today.
I rewrote my first book at least 6 times before I found a publisher.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was hilarious! You took out the vampires...

cleemckenzie said...

Sounds like you have one active, exciting life, right down to the that motorcycle trip. Wear your helmet.
:-)

The Silver Fox said...

Well, I certainly learned a lot! Very entertaining!

ilima said...

I love your face off. My question: What did you to do bribe/maim/coerce your husband into marrying all this crazy? And do you have a savings plan for your four kids' future therapy sessions? ;)

3 things about me: I like to tap dance, eat squid, and be naked...not at the same time. I'm not THAT weird.

DAVID WALSTON said...

Could you let a film crew follow you around, and do a reality TV show on your life? Yes it was that entertaining. #1 I'm a geek. #2 My wife thinks I'm a geek, but still married me. #3 My kids think I'm a geek, but I watch cartoons with them so they are ok with it.

S.K. Anthony said...

This was fantastic! I think Pat summarized it best lol

Three things? Hmm . . .
1-I love cheese and probably go over the top with it.
2-I'm extremely shy in person.
3-I'm very inappropriate when I'm over the shyness and have had my load of cheese . . . and wine.

Carrie Butler said...

This is 100% pure Tammizzle! :D

3 Things About Me:

- I have throwing knives on my desk that need to be cleaned.
- I played the trombone for a decade.
- Shiny stuff steals my attention—always.

Li said...

You certainly sound like the life of the party!

3 things about me...

1. I can't watch horror movies. If I want to scare myself I watch the show "Hoarders".

2. I have a stuffed rabbit named Bunnie Bunny that I talk to.

3. I like SPAM (the canned meat). I don't care what's in it.

Crystal Collier said...

That was fun, and I LOVED learning more about you. Way to be awesome and open up.

3 things about me?

1. I answer to the name "Chicken"
2. I have a HUGE problem with authority figures (i.e. police officers, politicians, school administrators...)
3. I'd rather eat sugary candy than baked goods.

Andrew Leon said...

Plant stuff in the flower beds. It helps take care of the bodies.

mshatch said...

Have you ever been to the opera? I'd love to hear about it if you have!

3 things about me: 1. I love peanut-butter and fluff sandwiches 2. I hate sticky 3. I majored in history

Chrys Fey said...

I love this! It was great getting to know you more, Tammy!

3 Things about myself:

1. I eat my pizza with ranch dressing.

2. I paint my toe nails all the time but I always wear socks.

3. My middle finger is crooked. lol

Elephant's Child said...

Love it. Big, grateful smiles on my dial for this start to my day. Thank you.

klahanie said...

Hey Tam-bare,

Oh no, not another one of those incredibly long dedication postings to me. IWSG aka I Was Seeking Gary. I'm flattered and I might just listen to some classical music and the tears of various emotions well up.

I know you are actually a thoroughly decent lady. You and your hubby have full, active lives.

I love the way you type to an audience. It's good to reveal yourself, Tammy.

Gary :)

PK Hrezo said...

Too funny you sassy thing. :)
Wow where do you find the time for everything?? I've got my hands full with 2 kids and a part time job. Oy.

3 things:

1. I'm a severe chocoholic
2. I love doing yard work
3. I'm Hawaiian at heart

Natalie Aguirre said...

Loved learning more about you. Three things about me:
1. I'm a coffee addict.
2. I'm a vegetarian except for fish.
3. I'm definitely type A and have a hard time relaxing.

Loni Townsend said...

Super funny! Jaywalking naked, huh?

Three things about me?
1. I own a pleco named Bert and koi named Ernie.
2. I prefer salt on my apples.
3. Pole-dancing is a hobby of mine.

Lexa Cain said...

You're hilarious! (And thanks for letting me know how to pronounce your name.) I don't even know what you were insecure about now, because I was so busy laughing the tears of humor blinded me! Have a lovely weekend!

J.L. Campbell said...

Tammy, that was informative and entertaining and funny too. I recently started watching Criminal Minds and I guard that time fiercely.

Medeia Sharif said...

I loved reading this. My 3 things:
1) I sleep erratically, with no set regular bedtime.
2) I love french fry sandwiches.
3) I lift weights and hope to have Linda Hamilton arms one day.

Annalisa Crawford said...

And now I know how to say your name. In my head, I've been completely skipping over it this entire time.

Facts:
1) Five Tattoos
2) Only one grey hair so far
3) Huge crush on David Essex

Liz A. said...

Wow, that covered a lot. Three things about me? Maybe after I wake fully from this nap...

Shannon Lawrence said...

I have two kids: The Bub and Banana-Nanners. He's Mr. Serious and she's Ms. Lives in Her Own World. My hubby's super power is making all things technology work. My devious super villain power is destroying all things technology. Happily, his power is greater than mine, so I have a laptop and a TV that work (when he's not on business trips). Nice to meet you. ;)

Stephanie Faris said...

LOL to pretending to be an alcoholic at the grocery store. I wonder if that would make the people blocking the aisles move out of the way? Hmmm...

jaybird said...

That, was AWESOME!! I love this post. It's my favorite kind. I adore getting to know the fun facts about each other.

1. I can read really fast. Like unusually fast. I guess you could label it "speed reading".
2. Although I can read (and type) in hyper-warp speed, when it comes to just about everything else, I am as slow as all get out. I am LATE for everything.
3. Almost everyone in my family is involved in or has worked in the medical field, but I pass out and/or puke at the sight of blood. I am a fast disaster in an emergency situation. Somehow, the ability to stay calm and the desire to go fix trauma, completely skipped me!!

ce8d632a-647c-11e3-94d3-000bcdcb2996 said...

Balance your spiritual energy and get in harmony with your soul by practicing these Radha-Krishna meditations.


Sri Gita Govinda
-A book written in the 12th century, this is a description of the intimate loving affairs of Radha and Krishna
http://www.mediafire.com/view/keqr4lqp7wr1rru/Sri_Gita_Govinda.pdf

Govinda Lilamrta
-An 400 year old book which poetically describes the eternal daily pastimes of Radha and Krishna
http://www.mediafire.com/view/uhcuigauc6uqiei/Govinda_Lilamrita.pdf

Ananda Vrindavan Campu
-This is probably the most poetic and intimate portrayal of Sri Krsna’s life in Vrndavana that has ever been written.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/k9j3ldwbt17be3b/Ananda_Vmdavana_Campu.pdf

Prayers of Service to Radha and Krishna (Sankalpa Kalpadruma)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/lvkqsro3sbzm249/Visvanath_Cakravarti_Thakur_Sankalpa_Kalpadruma.pdf

Prema Samputa The Treasure Chest of Love
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mpbncdyt97nw0x7/Prema_Samputa_The_Treasure_Chest_of_Love.pdf


And the following four are taken from Visvanath Cakravarti's Camatkara Candrika, a 300 year old scripture that talks about the love meeting of Radha and Krishna:

The Meeting in the Box
http://www.mediafire.com/view/c81a7cp43n5v6aj/The_Meeting_in_the_Box.pdf

The Meeting of Sri Krishna Disguised as a Female Doctor
http://www.mediafire.com/view/hgomrnem7829pda/The_Meeting_of_Sri_Krsna_Disguised_as_a_Female_Doctor.pdf

The Meeting of Sri Krishna Disguised as a Female Singer
http://www.mediafire.com/view/gyuboduhn8dvdml/The_Meeting_of_Sri_Krsna_Disguised_as_a_Female_Singer.pdf

The Meeting of Sri Krishna Disguised as Abhimanyu
http://www.mediafire.com/view/911h9qoxn4ca027/The_Meeting_of_Sri_Krsna_Disguised_As_Abhimanyu.pdf


And lastly, we have a very amazing scripture which describes the 24 hour daily loving affairs of Radha and Krishna in Vrindavan, called Bhavanasara Sangraha. This book is now available on Amazon for Kindle, for only $3.49

http://www.amazon.com/Bhavanasara-Sangraha-Mahanidhi-Swami-ebook/dp/B00CW9H4DI/ref=la_B00J2M5LAQ_1_15?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1402209195&sr=1-15

Here is a 41 page sample of Bhavanasara Sangraha:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/t4gsse2d4sw0f8p/Sample_of_Bhavanasara_Sangraha.pdf

The above book can also be read on your PC using Amazon Kindle for PC, download here for free:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with ISKCON in any way whatsoever. ISKCON, or "The Hare Krishna Movement" as it's popularily known, is a radical and extremist distortion of the original Radha and Krishna dharma from ancient India. The author of the above book Bhavanasara Sangraha is no longer affiliated with ISKCON either, having cut all ties to ISKCON a few years ago.

Morgan said...

Tammy, you are a RIOT!!! I honestly love reading your posts and the way you express yourself and your humor and energy and everything. You rock.

Three things about me? I love baroque music, I love the smell of fresh cut grass, and I still think vampire books rock. LOL.

Suzi said...

Wow. You sound pretty cool. I wish I knew you in real life!