Monday, June 30, 2014

PIMPBOOKMAMA presents: a QUICKIE with Tara Tyler

PIMPBOOKMAMA here saying if you wear a "kiss the cook" apron this 4th of July while barbequing, ya better stock up on chapstick - I enforce fashionably binding agreements! And with that chapstick comment, perk on up to my newest headliner,
Tara Tyler, performing a little diddy she calls:
 "My Summer Blog Tour of
 BROKEN BRANCH FALLS".
                                                   
I don't often read books with this style of...creatures, but only 3 pages in - 
I was sold! It's completely lovable, witty, totally creative, and much more. What's the much more you ask? Pfffffttt...this Pimpbookmama can't give away ALL her star's secrets! You gotta read it to find out!
Or pay in dolla' bills...make it rain, baby, make it rain!!

the rain-eth fall-eth
 
DIM LIGHTS, CUE MUSIC, & LET'S SEE OUR HEADLINER PERFORM!!
TAKE IT AWAY TARA...

I've always wanted to do one of Tammy's Interviews! She comes up with the best, craziest questions!! Thanks so much for having me, woman!

1. If you were to swim in a pool of anything, what would it be full of?
Stuffed animals!

2. Do monsters sleep under your bed? If so, can I pet them?
Monsters are under there, but they don't sleep. And they sure make a mess! Pet them if you dare. You can take one home if you like!

3. I'm drawing a picture of you writing, what does your facial expression look like?
Depends on the scene, but probably smirking – I crack myself up all the time =)

4. Honesty time! Empty your purse and tell me what's in it!
Too much to list. Here's a pic (it looks like my purse puked...)

5. I've a big fake tattoo for you, what is it and where can I stick it on ya?
A mermaid, definitely – on my arm. Watch me make her swim! (Brainstorm! This gives me a promotion idea - fake tattoo sleeves with book covers on it - I'm totally looking into that!)

And now...DOUBLE POINT CHALLENGE!!
Can you make a story with me? Let's check your writing skills!! Fill in the blanks!

Vaughn appeared in the moonlight reeking of beer. He'd no idea how pungent the smell was till the dog sniffed him and fell over. When Freda his little sister jumped out of the berry bushes beside him screaming, "Caught ya! Mom, he's been drinking again!" he almost had an accident. Vaughn, now shaken with rage, grabbed a shovel to scare her. "Don't you ever, and I mean ever, do that again!" "I was only trying to help," she said, tears spilling. "Besides, Mom's not even home, yet." So much for playing hide and go seek the six pack in the dark. Next time, I'll bring some Axe to cover up the smell.  THE END!!

That was so fun, Tammy! You have a creative mind - I love it!
Thanks, y'all for joining the fun!
And don't forget to enter the giveaway below!

BROKEN BRANCH FALLS (MG Fantasy)
by Tara Tyler
Release Date: June 24, 2014 (NOW!)
Publisher: Curiosity Quills

Gabe is an average fifteen-year-old goblin. He’s in the marching band, breezes through calculus, and gets picked on daily by the other kids at school, especially the ogres. But Gabe wants to break out of his nerdy stereotype and try other things. He has his eye on the new ogress at school. Though it’s against all beastly rules, there’s just something about her.
Gabe starts a fad of mingling with other species, forcing the High Council to step in and ruin things by threatening to destroy the school and split up Broken Branch Falls. With help from other outcast friends, Gabe sets out on a quest to save his town. They'll show 'em what different friends can do together!

Available at
B&N ~~~ Amazon
Add it to your GOODREADS list!

Tara Tyler has had a hand at everything from waitressing to rocket engineering. After living up and down the Eastern US, she now writes and teaches math in Ohio with her three active boys and Coach Husband. Currently, she has two series, The Cooper Chronicles (techno-thriller detective capers) and Beast World (MG fantasy) She's an adventure writer who believes every good story should have action, a moral, and a few laughs!
 
Also by Tara Tyler, techno-thriller detective series,
The Cooper Chronicles, Book One: POP TRAVEL

a Rafflecopter giveaway

*NOTE: Anyone who calls me "woman" is an automatic 10 in my pimpbook! I love me some sass!*

25 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow you carry a lot of stuff in your purse!
A sea of stuffed animals. Like being in one of those games with the crane.

Christine Rains said...

*LOL* Fun and fantastic interview! I'd swim in a pool of stuffed animals too.

mshatch said...

Great interview and fun questions :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

LOL! That's why I switched to a smaller purse. I got tired of carrying that much stuff.

Tara Tyler R said...

I love your PIMPBOOKMAMA shoes! Is that your foot? Crazy Good!

Thanks again, WOMAN!!

Dana said...

Your purse looks like mine. :)

Fun interview!

Pat Hatt said...

lol purse puke, the final frontier

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Can't decide which is funnier, the questions or the answers. Or the story. Congrats to Tara.

Mark Means said...

Make that pool chocolate pudding and I'm in :)

Fun interview!

Elephant's Child said...

Nice touch to blame the monsters for all the things that find their way/get shoved under the bed and are forgotten about...
And a hoot of an interview.

cleemckenzie said...

Thanks for the laughs! Glad I stopped by to say hi.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

No monsters under my bed either. But in my imagination my wip Monster City is Jam packed. Smirk away Tara and I would jump into that pool with you. Congrats and fun interview.

Neurotic Workaholic said...


Great interview! And I like the idea of a story told from the point of view of a teenage goblin; that's definitely original.
I wish I could say that I'm going to a barbecue on July 4, but I live in an apartment building and there's no place to put the grill.

Rena said...

Ha! What a great interview! And I love the picture of the contents of Tara's purse! (mine wouldn't look so clean...)

Tammy Theriault said...

alex: I think of Toy Story when you say that!

Christine: I fear I'd suffocate!

mshatch: thanks!

L. Diane: my purse had to reswitch to bigger because of work :(

tara: ha! I wish! I mean...yes, of course!

dana: it's a puke purse :D

pat: good one!

susan: haha! glad to make you laugh!

mark: i'll bring a swimsuit stat!

elephant: it's always them, always!

cleemckenzie: hope your abs enjoyed the workout!

sheena: monster city sounds great!

neurotic: a good oven top will work!

rena: mine doesn't look clean either :D

Liza said...

Love the swimming pool question. I'm giving that one some thought!

DEZMOND said...

congrats to Tara, and those are some nice pimping shoes!

Theresa Milstein said...

Man, that's one creepy cover!

I have always had a challenge keeping under my bed and my pocketbook under control too.

Sherry Ellis said...

Axe fixes everything! Fun interview. ( And I thought I had a lot in my purse!)

Shelley Sly said...

I would love to jump into a pool of stuffed animals! What a fun interview!

Romance Book Haven said...

Great interview and fun questions :)

Fireblossom said...

Thanks for visiting me, woman! I hope that you will drop by again soon. :-)

Theresa Mahoney said...

What a fun interview! I am always drawn into the interviews that aren't so serious, and this one fits the bill! Anyone who wants to swim in stuffed animals is more than welcome to try their luck doing it in my daughter's room. I avoid that place at all costs for fear of being buried alive in all that fluffy mess.

Thanks for stopping by! I am your newest follower too :)

Leigh Covington said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE IT! One of my favorite interviews ever... as usual! hahaha! I love them all. And that writing bit was so much fun! Great work ladies, and congrats to Tara! WHOOT!

Tara Tyler R said...

there! i finally visited all these commenters!!
thanks again for the positive words!

and thanks again to you Tammy, for a beguiling interview!!