Monday, February 10, 2014

MOONLESS Book Release Blogfest: I DO!

 
IT'S TIME!!
Time to ring those wedding bells and say "I DO" all over again!
As co-host for Crystal Collier's blogfest, I can't wait to hop around & taste everyone's wedding cake with PK Hrezo and Michael Di Gesu.
But first, a little jingle about the book that brought us our newly arranged marriages ...
In the English society of 1768 where women are bred to marry, unattractive Alexia, just sixteen, believes she will end up alone. But on the county doorstep of a neighbor’s estate, she meets a man straight out of her nightmares, one whose blue eyes threaten to consume her whole world—especially when she discovers him standing over her murdered host in the middle of the night.
Her nightmares become reality: a dead baron, red-eyed wraiths, and forbidden love with a man hunted by these creatures. After an attack close to home, Alexia realizes she cannot keep one foot in her old life and one in this new world. To protect her family she must either be sold into a loveless marriage, or escape with her beloved and risk becoming one of the Soulless. 
 
 
So here's the question:
 If you lived in a society where arranged marriages were a la mode, whom would you beg your parents to set you up with? Why?

Obviously I'm not going to go the easy, safe route and say my hubby.
I mean, he already scores major win win points all over my "playa" board.
So, I'm gonna take all the things I love about him, & create my new man to beg my parents for:

1. facial hair - oh how I love thee...
2. deep voice - yumville
3. taller than me - very easily done
4. not a body builder - but not chunky monkey
5. eyes you get lost in - where am I? cloud 9?
6. a man's man - yes he will shoot or maim you
7. hungry eyes - & I don't mean for food *wink*
8. good with kids - a must!
9. rough on the outside, teddy bear on the inside - so squeezable!
10. dislikes anyone that messes with me - bodyguard app downloaded!

OH WAIT!! MY PARENTS FOUND ONE!
 RAGNAR from the hit TV series VIKINGS!
I DO!! I DO!!

 
And while you're at it, enter to win one of these great prizes while I go on my honeymoon!!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

44 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Haha, good choice! <3

Crystal Collier said...

Oh my, talk about eyes! Tammy, he sounds like a winner.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Fun choice. So excited for Crystal.

Pat Hatt said...

haha you really put a lot of thought into it. Kate Beckinsale works for me.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Does your husband have a Mohawk too? Great description of 'the man.'

Tammy Theriault said...

Haha...no Mohawk for hubs but if it looked like his...it's considered :)

DAVID WALSTON said...

Great Choice!
I do love that show, can't wait till it comes back on later this month.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Oh Mr. Ragnar! Be still my beating heart. You, me, and our Nordic men...we should double date!!

E.J. Wesley said...

Easily the most hardcore choice I've see yet! LOL (And I DID take the lame route and ultimately chose my wife--but did list some worthwhile alternatives. :)

Best apart about your pick is that he'll leave for 2 years at a time to go plundering, so you won't have to share the hot water all that often. :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

But can you handle living during Viking times?

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Alex does drop a good question but hey it can be other way around. Ragnar would be quite interesting living in modern times with Tammy instead. Really like your pick Tammy, he will certainly keep you protected.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Tammy!

HA... Loading on the guilt at my blog. LOL... I don't see my face up there... LOL.

Only thing I have in common with that dude are the eyes....

CONGRATS to CRYSTAL....

And keep chasing this RUNNING SHORTS! Great way to keep in shape... LOL. Not that you need it al all!

SC Author said...

Vikings are cool!

Chrys Fey said...

I love it! Everything from your list to the massive heart with pictures of Ragner in it. Nice post! :) And eyes you can get lost in are a must!

Heather Holden said...

I haven't heard of Vikings before, but your list of traits is fun! (The "teddy bear on the inside" part made me giggle... :P)

Elephant's Child said...

Love it. But a sense of humour is a must. And I am not a fan of facial hair - despite that fact that my partner of many years has a luxurious growth of same.

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Sounds like both you and your parents know how to choose well ;)

Christine Rains said...

Oooh! Hello! Why haven't I watched that TV show yet? Mmmm....

Kim Van Sickler said...

Yes, he's gorgeous for a heathen; oh those piercing blue eyes, but he's not faithful...maybe you'd have to have a little "arrangement" between you to keep things fair.

Carrie-Anne said...

I don't think anyone would mess with the wife of a Viking!

Donna Hole said...

Oh yeah, I could go for Ragnar.

.......dhole

Nana Prah said...

Everything on that list is wonderful. A great man.

Tammy Theriault said...

thanks everyone for stopping by!!!

Carolyn Brown said...

Love your post! Really entertaining.
Good choice too!

Congrats Crystal!

Kittie Howard said...

Great choice! And what a classy way to celebrate Crystal's release. I hope it rocks the charts!

Ellie Garratt said...

Does your hubby have a brother? He's sounds perfect.

Meradeth Houston said...

lol, bodyguard app! Great list, and now I think I need to check out this show!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Wow.
I haven't seen the show but when I see the commercials I keep asking my husband why we don't watch that!

His eyes. Just wow.

Heather

Jay Noel said...

Ha! That was clever AND funny.

I think food was scarce at times up there in the Nordic country, so those hungry eyes would be hungry for food. Lol.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cleverly written, and a great choice!

Bish Denham said...

Yup, Ragnar would work. Those eyes are pretty... pretty darn intense!

Tammy Theriault said...

Thanks for stopping by! Excuse me while I stare at his pics....

Connie Keller said...

I don't know who Ragnar is, but he's definitely a handsome guy!

DEZMOND said...

the only bad thing being that Ragnar goes to foreign countries to kill, steal, destroy and rape :(

Tammy Theriault said...

Dez, in the series he beats a guy for doing that. So...we are good!!!!

klahanie said...

Marriages a la mode? A scoop of ice cream on my marriage?

So nifty neato of you Tam-bare to be part of Crystal's tour.

Vikings, eh. Pardon me while I stick on my two-horned hat.

Gary :)

Robyn Campbell said...

I loves the way you think. :-)

Pk Hrezo said...

Oh yes. Don't mind if I do. Total Yum!!

Trisha F said...

I don't know this character, but he looks pretty tasty and "rough on the outside". I'd tap that ;)

Dawn Brazil said...

I've never seen the show but he seems swoon-worthy!

Tammy Theriault said...

Tasty is a good word for him!

Kimberly said...

So great that you picked your hubby - sounds like he's a total winner! :)

Carrie Butler said...

Oo, good choices!

DMS said...

SO excited for Crystal. It has been awesome to see Moonless all over the blogosphere. :) It was such fun to read everyone's answers for their arranged marriages! Thanks for sharing yours.
~Jess