Monday, January 13, 2014

MY LIVE, not so really but kinda, INTERVIEW WITH DENIZ BEVAN!

It was a nice winter day...

I  spotted someone wearing a beautiful scarf and had to ask where they got it. "Deniz Bevan? Is that you?" She spat out her coffee, suspiciously dumping the remainder on the floor, and invited me to her home to "refill" with a new brew. I shook my head in confusion, but was ready to get out of the chill.

*this is a creative writing exercise. A designated driver was on hand...

1. You still have a Christmas present out. Why?
Still a few friends I haven't had a chance to see yet, & so many kiddies to give gifts for.
One present cures it all? Are you a freakin' magician? Why didn't you tell me!
Uh-oh, I seem to be unraveling at the seams - I ended up getting 4 more gifts...so let's pretend that lone gift was for me!
As long as I get the 4, I'm good with that!

2. I love a good snowball fight. You in?
Maybe...as long as I can build a fort first!
What the heck? You say that as one appears behind you?! MA-GIC!!!

3. Did you get my package?
That was you that sent the automatic edits-completer/latte-dispenser? How did you know exactly what I needed for 2014?!
It's magic. Nuff-said. Plus black erasers & expired milk were on clearance.
Ooh, now I need one of those chalkboard painted walls...I've always wanted one of those.

4. Who is cuter: a skinny Christian Bale or a skinny Matthew McConaughey?
McConaughey's kinda old, no? But I'll go with him 'cos isn't Bale kinda violent? Though I just saw him in American Hustle & not only did I not recognize him, but thought he was great in that role.
Well, he can hustle me anytime...well, I mean, for himself of course. Wait. Does he still pay me?

5. Popcorn?
Yes! Unflavored, unsalted, unbuttered. Am I the only person that likes it that way?
*writes apology letter to popcorn* Yes, yes you are. You just ruined...the magic.
I'll try it with butter next time, I promise! Er, maybe.

6. Is it piñata time yet?
It's five o' clock somewhere! Wait, there are drinks in this piñata, no?
Dang girl, what's in those snowballs?? You are all kinds of mixed up drunk. Magic barf bag appear!

7. If you could own an island, what would you name it?
You mean besides holy-shamoley-I-can't-believe-I-own-an-island? I'd probably end up naming it after a place in a Tolkien story. Doriath, maybe - inaccessible for the outside world!
*blink* Oh snap! Those magic snowballs are amazing! Oh...my bad. Guess your island was just accessed. New name: Access-oriath.
Oh no! Everyone run for the fort! Yes, there will be drinks there!
*runs like a cheetah*

8. Why is your nose bleeding?
Are you trying to steal my island or is the air really dry in here? (it's -30* Celsius outside right now)
*munches on Deniz's snowballs* What was the question?
Mmm, bourbon flavored snowball...Let's kiss and make up!
I'm gonna need more snowballs to even consider that!

9. Would you like to be beaten in a game of chess?
I wouldn't like to, but I probably would be, sadly. This reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the first Harry Potter book; Ron's best line (which they didn't include in the movie, showing just how much moviemakers miss the points of books): "That's chess! You have to make sacrifices!"
Well like I said, you get beat up, so wear a facemask because it's gonna get ugly. Ron was right!

10. Do you like to jump around, jump around, jump up - jump up and get down?
Only in a large group of people. Say if I got to have a piñata party for blogging friends on my island. First, I'll need a yacht...
Just summon those cold blue balls...the magic snowball ones! Dirty minded girl you are...
Wait till I have another drink!
Agh! You're such a lush!!


 
 
 
The Recap
I haven't had such a fun interview in ages! Thanks so much for hosting me, Tammy (or did I host you at  my island?*ducks*)! It's -30* Celsius with the wind out there, and snow-white everywhere, but now I'm thinking of snowball fights and warm drinks. All is good. Cheers! *hands around a glass to everyone*
I just have one thing to say...  I'm calling you a cab. :D
Okay, & giving you you're much deserved BADGE!! Congrats!

34 comments:

Suzi said...

I gotta agree with the no butter thing. Especially when it's movie theater butter. That stuff makes my stomach sick--greasy gross stuff. And then I can't finish my small movie popcorn that I paid twenty dollars for. :)

Shell Flower said...

Ooh, I want one of those editer/latte makers. Can Christian Bale deliver one? Another awesome interview!

Deniz Bevan said...

Woo hoo! Glad I'm not the only one, Suzi!

Great idea, Shell!

Thanks again for the interview, Tammy :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No salt or butter? That's not popcorn!
And you can send me a machine that automatically writes the first draft. Edits I can handle.
Great interview, ladies.

Lydia Kang said...

I'm with Alex! I can't eat my popcorn plain. Great interview, guys!

Pat Hatt said...

I'd like the machine too, no blue balls what so ever though lol

David P. King said...

I wasn't aware that Bale and McConaughey were in a movie together. I must investigate! :)

Pk Hrezo said...

"Access-oriath" love it!!

And big ups for House of Pain! I did some jumping back in my day at one of their concerts. So. Much. Fun.

Tammy gives the best interviews EVER. ;)

Elephant's Child said...

Smiles. Big ones. And a lot of them.

Johanna Garth said...

Mmmm Christian Bale :)

Have to admit that I still have House of Pain on my running mix. Oldie but goody!

Jay Noel said...

LOVE this interview! I like my popcorn on the plain side. Maybe a little buttah!

klahanie said...

Greetings Tammy and Deniz,

Gosh, human Tammy, you spotted someone wearing a beautiful scarf. What sort of spots did you put on them?

Well done for surviving one of Tammy's interviews. Very good and I'm raring for a snowball fight.

Hey Tammy, you are most welcome for this comment from this adorable little dog.

Pawsitive wishes,

Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!

S.P. Bowers said...

A chalkboard wall would be so cool. The kids would love it.

No more snow for you Deniz!

Mark Koopmans said...

I jumped around, jumped around, jumped up - jumped up and got down when I saw there was a new TT-driven interview (like that biker connection :)

Congrats to Deniz on surviving the snowball fight/chat and can I scam an invite to Fort McDrink?

Tammy Theriault said...

wow! THANKS GUYS FOR COMING BY!! LOTS OF SUPPORT FOR DENIZ!

J.L. Campbell said...

Tammy & Deniz, you two are a riot, snowballs and all. :D

Brinda said...

These questions and answers were hilarious. I love this and needed a smile this morning. Crazy funny stuff!!!

B. A. Wilson said...

This was fun! I'm still laughing. I've followed you back. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Eileen said...

This was so fun to read! I definitely can't eat popcorn with salt and butter but flavoring can be swapped out. :)

Liesel Hill said...

Great interview! Such fun. Thanks for it! And for stopping by my blog!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Yep, she totally ruined the popcorn. Never trust skinny people to bring the snacks.

Sherry Ellis said...

I always insist on having a fort before a snowball fight!

Great interview! It's always so much fun to read these!

Leslie S. Rose said...

This was a blast. Perfect capper for a stressful day. Thanks. BTW - I'm all about the plain popcorn. Let's get t-shirts.

Crystal Collier said...

LOL! That was awesome. As always. Now I must seek out a magic snowball...but that may be difficult while living in Florida. Hm.

Christine Rains said...

Hilarious! I want a magic snow fort too. And a catapult.

cleemckenzie said...

Great interview, but you can eat all of that unflavored, unbuttered popcorn. I'm sticking with the hardcore stuff.

S.K. Anthony said...

LOL Loved it!
Now, I'm singing: "jump around, jump around, jump up - jump up and get down"…it will be stuck in my head all day, thanks.

Emilyann Girdner said...

I love that you'd name your island after a Tolkien story. That's awesome! Now I suddenly have an urge to curl up with The Hobbit and read all weekend. =)

Tara Tyler said...

i love your interviews - wacky and spontaneous!

great answers, well done!

have a great weekend!

Stephen Tremp said...

When at a movie I always go for the butter and salt. This is the one time I power down twenty dollars worth of junk food and not feel guilty about it.

Tara said...

I love it! Deniz, I'll have a pinata with you any time. No kissing, probably.

Deniz Bevan said...

I *am* the machine that writes the first draft, Alex! You can do my edits for me ;-)

Thanks Lydia and Jay!

Thanks for coming by Pat and David and Elephant and Johanna and klahanie and Joy and Brinda and B.A. and Eileen and Liesel and Sherry and Leslie and S. K., Tara and Stephen!

She does, PK!

I wish that were so, Sara - we had another snowstorm two days ago! Who's up for a snowball fight?

You're invited, Mark!

Aww, sorry, Elizabeth and CLee! I can stock butter at Fort McDrink (great name, Mark!) for my guests though :-)

Crystal and Christine, you should drop by Fort McDrink!

Sounds perfect to me, Emilyann!

Sounds like a houseparty, doesn't it, Tara? :-)

Thank you Tammy!!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Awesome interview! So much fun! But I'd take a chubby American Hustle Bale over a skinny McConaughey any day... plus, his name is easier to spell...

Deniz Bevan said...

Thanks Cathy!