Wednesday, June 5, 2013

IWSG: Get Your Prescription Filled HERE!

DO YOU FEEL LIKE PAPERCUTS WOULD BE BETTER PAIN?
 
DO YOU HAVE KEYBOARD MARKS ON YOUR FOREHEAD FROM BANGING YOUR HEAD?
 
DO YOU HAVE A PEN/PENCIL GRAVEYARD SOMEWHERE SECRET?
 
IS WRITER'S BLOCK NOT A FIGMENT OF YOUR...UH...

HERE ARE 3 REMEDIES:
 
1. Reconnect With an OLD Friend
side effects: talking about your passion for writing igniting old flames
(with your WIP!! Not the friend! *Hugs* to Oscar Palomo-Nieto!)
 
 
2. Connect With a NEW Friend
side effects: believing you'll do great things as you see them do great things
(just don't steal their WIP ideas! Nancy Thompson & me!)

 
3. Connect Friends TO Friends
side effects: a friend's success inspiring you & others to keep truckin' along
(but not in a real truck! Hooray for Celeste Holloway!)
 
A year after her parents’ death, seventeen-year-old, Meadow Parker is close to having a grave of her own.
Beyond her shrink’s false diagnosis of PTSD, there’s no medical reason for her failing health. Only she knows the cause. But if Meadow told the truth—told them what comes for her at night—they’d lock her in a padded cell.
Grasping to help her find closure, Meadow’s best friend, Casey Somner, drags her to the place her parents were obsessed with—the historical landmark that fuels Meadow’s fears and nightmares.
Once Meadow steps foot on the hallowed ground, she has a supernatural encounter that leaves her stricken with terror, but charged with power, fulfilling the legendary prophesy about the coming of The Keeper.
Both the holy and the unholy have waited over a hundred years for a new Keeper to resurface. Like it or not, Meadow’s destiny as Keeper is sealed, and the battle for her soul begins. A sharp double-edged sword, she will either save the world from Armageddon or fast track its annihilation.
If you want to win your ecopy of SEBASTIAN FALLS
...just leave a comment!
Please let me know if I can fill any Rx.
I may not be a Dr., but I play one on TV.

33 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Good friends are so important. Where would we be without them?
:)

Pat Hatt said...

Can't neglect the connect. Can i connect four though?

Mark Koopmans said...

I agree!!

GOOD friends rock - but not as much as *great* friends.

I re-connected with a mad Dutch buddy I haven't seen in donkey's years via LinkedIn and am looking forward to sharing the old tales in Amsterdam later this year :)

Julie Luek said...

I recently got to meet my online writing buddy, TJ Loveless and it was like you describe with you and Nancy-- just wonderful bliss. Yes, yay for friendships!

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Great advice! Connecting with other writers can make all the difference in the world. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

All three of those things are good ideas. Like a shot of energy.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Firstly, NOTHING is worse than a paper cut... apart from maybe child birth... but after that it's paper cuts all the way!

Writing friends are amazing! And they definitely don't let you feel insecure for long!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

It all comes down to friends. And I am a blessed lady to have so many wonderful ones...that's for sure.

(Speaking of helpful friends...I'm thinking I should leave your comments in the side bar of my book when it's published. I think it would be a best seller!)

Livia Peterson said...

I'm blessed to have good writerly friends. You're all so supportive ans encouraging. I love Nancy and Tammy! You both look adorable! Love this post!

Tammy Theriault said...

ALL OF YOU ROCK!!! THANKS FOR THE FRIENDLY SUPPORT!
Elizabeth...I'd buy that book and get a nice ab workout

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yes, good friends can help fix just about anything. Please let someone else win this book. My TBR list is too high though the book sounds really good.

Nancy Thompson said...

Yes, please, I need my Tammy-fix. Our date wasn't nearly long enough. I feel like a heroin addict, one dose & I'm hooked! Mmmmwah!!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Tammy,

LOVE the keyboard imprinted forehead. Great visual!

Friends are what the good things in life are all about. AND, we get to choose them! FIST BUMP!

WE all need our GOOD distractions and MATERIAL for our next WIP.... LOL. SO GET OUT AND HAVE FUN! RIGHT?

BURY THE INSECURITIES with a few margaritas and a banter....

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

M. R. Buttars said...

Friends are awesome! They make rainy days appear bright. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's what I try to do online every day. And very cool you and Nancy got to hang out together.

Johanna Garth said...

Friends are the ultimate sounding board and support network! Glad you were able to connect with some, both old and new.

Rena said...

absolutely! Connecting with people always helps me see that my favorite part about writing is the characters. People always remind me of that. Great advice.

celeste holloway said...

Friends are as good as chocolate, and they don't go to our hips! Thanks for the shout out, awesome lady! Happy Wednesday! :)

Laura said...

I love all my writerly connections, I wouldn't have got this far without them :)

Tammy Theriault said...

You guys are truckin` awesome sauce!!!!!

Morgan said...

LOL, Tammy! I seriously adore you! You're so awesome. :D

Andrew Leon said...

I don't play one on TV, but I do have a TV. And I had a doctor once. Or went to the doctor. Something like that. There was no TV involved, though.

Neurotic Workaholic said...

I've been struggling with writer's block lately, so this post comes at a good time. I haven't talked about writing with most of the people in my life, since they don't even know I want to be a writer. That's why I like going to writing classes; it's a good chance for me to talk about writing with people who also love it.

Emily R. King said...

So many friends! :) Love you, Tammy!

Tammy Theriault said...

Free hugs for everyone!

Editors At Work said...

Great post. It is always great to connect with friends!

Nas

klahanie said...

Tammy!

Not you as well! If I see another "IWSG" logo on my blog list, I'm going to scream so loud you will here me way over there!

Okay, I feel better now. Hooray to your friends. Hooray for Nancy meeting up with you. A bravery medal for Nancy, me thinks. Hooray to Celeste. Hooray to me! Yes me aka the other IWSG aka "I Was Seeking Gary!"

Your adoring fan,

Gary :)

M. J. Joachim said...

Cute post! Glad I stopped by today :)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I'd like to win a copy of Sebastian Falls. Great tips of getting over W.B. #2 is why I have my blog, so much friends and support.

Blog: Queendsheena
IWSG Co-host

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Everything goes better with friends. And, um good food, and a glass of wine. That'll fix whatever ails ya.

Lexa Cain said...

What a cute post! I like all your ideas. I don't see why I can't truck along in an actual truck though. I think that would be a lot of fun! :-)

Tammy Theriault said...

Big squeezes!!!!

michelle said...

Great triple remedy Tammy. Triple the fun.
Great post!
Writer In Transit