Monday, May 27, 2013

I'm a WINNER! You're a WINNER! He's a WINNER!

I'M A WINNER!
I walk around here with a smile on my face & a joke on my tongue.
(cause I'm in the Matrix of my computer...join me. Take the pink glittery pill!)
 
While at the water cooler, I saw Mark Koopmans & Al Diaz busily whispering & looking at me.
 
I checked my nose: no boogers. I checked my shoes: no toilet paper.
I checked my outfit: tight, glittery, & hugging my curves just right...
Then I saw them hold up a sign reading:
"We have nominated you for the HAPPY ONE award!!"
Love forever because you're hot stuff in glittery, hugging dresses-- Mark & Al
 
THANK YOU, BOYS for passing on the HAPPY ONE MEME!! So, I just did my shout out to my nominators, now I name 5 happy people & say 5 things that make me HAPPY!!!
 
1. Celeste Holloway - had her book "Sebastian Falls" released! Oh, happy day!! (more on that next week)
2. Gary Pennickhappy his son finally got his smile back! It's a touching story.
3. Ilima Todd - signed a book contract! You go girl!!
4. Nancy Thompson - succeeding big on the Amazon charts for her book "The Mistaken"! Awesome Sauce!
5. Emily King - killing it on the Writer's Voice after years of hard work & agony! Stellar!
 
5 happy things for me: answered prayers, overcoming personal conflicts, rising to an occasion & succeeding, breaking down my fears, learning through independent exploration
 YOU'RE A WINNER!
"Honey, pick a number 1-50 for a book winner."
"Um...10"
 
 
YOU'RE the next contestant on the Price's-- oops, nope, wrong envelope.
You're the lucky winner of the ebook "THAT SADIE'S THING, and other stories"
 by Annalisa Crawford, who was featured last week on my blog!
Congrats, girlie!

 
HE'S A WINNER!
Ben Wolverton,16, was in a tragic skateboarding accident April 3, 2013. His father, Author David Farland, racked up 1 million in medical bills treating his coma, multiple surgeries, broken tailbone, skull & eardrums - but with no insurance to help pay. Leigh Covington brought to light this heart-breaking yet inspiring story via Facebook, asking that we help support their website for donations by doing a
BLOGGING BOMB DONATION on June 7th.
Plus, the family is asking tweeters to do a TWITTER BOMB June 4th.

Help him be a winner & see the support of a loving, writer's community!
Here is the link to donate and to tweet from: 
http://www.gofundme.com/HelpBenWalk
(you can also donate anonymously)

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, EVERYONE!!

35 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to you and Johanna!
Donated and purchased Farland's book, and will help with Twitter bomb next week.

Suze said...

So, that *is* how you spell occasion.

Congrats, sweets. Also, this post made me chuckle more than once so, yay. :)

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats indeed at your feed. But did you check your behind to make sure no toilet paper was sticking out? lol

Mark Koopmans said...

Will also help with Twitter bomb and donations...

Good on you, TT, for focusing on Ben :)

Julie Luek said...

Congrats-- always nice to get a happy award! And yes, still thinking of Ben.

celeste holloway said...

Spanks, lady! I feel like a supa-sta! :D

Annalisa Crawford said...

Yay for being happy! Lots of fun stuff going on on your blog today :-)

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Congrats, happiness is to be shared.

Leigh Covington said...

You crack me up girl, and you definitely deserve the award. Glad there was no boogers or toilet paper to speak of, and it was just your pure awesome self that inspired them :)

And thanks for spreading the word about Ben! Always a blessing to serve. Happy Memorial Day.

Mark Means said...

Congrats and those sure are five great things to be happy about! :)

Tammy Theriault said...

THANKS GUYS! SPREADING THE HAPPINESS IS MY MIDDLE NAME...WELL...NOT TECHNICALLY :p

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats you FANTABULOUS lady! You make EVERYONE happy with your wit, humor, and all over INSANE ZEST FOR ALL things in life!

Congrats to Johanna!

WE all must do our part for our country even if it's just remember those who server to keep us all SAFE!

READY for the TWITTER BOMB on June 4th!

klahanie said...

Hey Tammy "Happy" Theriault,

You make me even happier knowing that you are indeed a happy one, dear lady.

Hearty congrats on receiving the "Happy One Award" from two of the bestest type folks out there :)

I'm honoured or honored, even, that you would include me in such an esteemed list of people that can make you happy. I will duly note this in a posting that I'm in the process of doing.

I'm heartened by the five things that make you happy. You will continue to move forward in a positive way that will inspire and your smile will light up this world.

I'm going to get involved in the "Twitter Bomb". It saddens me to think that the medical bills are not covered through universal healthcare.

Happy Memorial Day to you in America. And Happy Spring Bank holiday to those in Britain.

Keep smiling, Tammy and thanks again for the mention :)

Gary

michelle said...

Tammy, you are a ball of energy... always spreading happiness around BloggyVille! You rock girl!

Writer In Transit

Nancy Thompson said...

Congrats, Tammy! Ah yes, those Amazon lists! They make me happy and scared all at the same time. But thanks so much for passing it along. There's always much to be happy about. Though I don't think I could ever keep up with you!

(Better?)

Al Diaz said...

I knew we had things in common, Tammy. :D I'll help with the Twitter Bomb for sure.

Nick Wilford said...

This community would be a dimmer place without you! Such an abundance of positive stuff in this post!

Tammy Theriault said...

BIG HUGS TO ALL OF YOU! *SQUEEZE* Sorry, I'm stronger than I thought...

Donna Hole said...

Gary's post made me smile too :)

.....dhole

ilima said...

So much happy! Thanks for the happy shout out. I'm feeling all pink and glittery now. :)

BECKY said...

What a sweet award.."The Happy One!"
Thanks so much for stopping and commenting at my blog! And what a sad story about the skateboarding accident! When my son, Mark, was a teenager, he did a lot of skateboarding. Fortunately, his only injury was a sprained ankle. I will definitely help out on June 7th.

Lexa Cain said...

What a joyful post! You are definitely the Happy One! Congrats to you and Johanna. Wishes for a good recovery go to Ben.
Loved your list of 5 -- those are things that make me happy, too. :-)

Shell Flower said...

Yay on the happy one and watch out for that water, erm, hot cider cooler. I hadn't heard about Ben's accident, but I will totally donate as I have my own skater boy. His friend was in a horrible skating accident at around the same age and recovered completely, so there is hope for sure!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Aww...congrats!!

My heart goes out to Ben and his family.

Jay Noel said...

The title of this post reminded me of those old Dr. Pepper commercials. I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper too???

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on the award! And to Johanna!

Marking my calendar for June 7.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Amazing how you got that all in...and in a sexy glittery dress, no less!

Tammy Theriault said...

I FEEL LIKE BUSTING INTO a REN & STIMPY SONG: HAPPY-HAPPY-JOY-JOY

Emily R. King said...

Thank you, Tammy!

Pk Hrezo said...

Awesome! You're so well deserving! And those are 5 awesome writers/bloggers. Yay for them!

I hadn't heard of Ben, I'm headed over there right now to sign up. Poor baby. :(

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That is a lot of winners.

I'll sing the Happy Happy Joy Joy song with you!

Dana said...

Aw, congrats!

Thinking of Ben and his family.

Tammy Theriault said...

Awesome sauce spreading...now!

Medeia Sharif said...

I downloaded one of David's books and I'll check out the other links.

Editors At Work said...

Congratulations to you and Johanna!

Nas