Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Book, New Liebster Award!!

NEW YEAR

Welcome everyone to 2013!
 May your goals drive you crazy causing more grey hairs!! I know they will mine.
One goal...finish the book, baby!!


 
 
NEW BOOK


I finished an AWESOME book, "A Train to Potevka" by Mike Ramsdell. I actually slowed the reading because I DIDN'T want it to end. This non-fiction book is about "An American Spy in Russia". To REPLACE said awesome book I started the year with:

Jennifer Weiner's "Goodnight Nobody".

WHO DOESN'T like a book with these HILARIOUS opening lines:
  • (describing a jack-o-lantern) "...it's right side had rotted and caved in overnight, and it looked like we had a sadistic stroke victim parked on our porch."
  • (describing why she had 3 crazy kids) "...an act of intercourse I can barely remember and can't imagine I'd condone."
  • (after meeting another mother at the park & the kids meet her) "...I managed, thinking, don't fall for it you little bastards. Of course, my kids were charmed...while Sophie stared at her and said, 'You're so pretty!' I tried not to roll my eyes. The last time Sophie looked at me that intently...she'd told me I had a hair growing out of my chin."
  • (after being told no nuts or dairy at a bake sale) "...I managed to keep from asking, "How about crack? Would crack be okay?"
 
 
 
 
NEW LIEBSTER AWARD:

I received this award several months ago, but I had to re-accept when I noticed the badge was different!!  I accept this graciously from Laura.
 
Anyone who wants it CAN TAKE IT!!
Just answer my 11 top notch questions below!

Answer 11 questions, give 11 facts about yourself, nominate & question 11 others.

1. Do you believe in ghosts/aliens/the supernatural?
no, no, & no...why? Are they under my bed again?? Crap.

2. Why do you blog?
I was getting bored of stalking the same people day in and day out...i mean...

3. What's your favourite season?
I said Christmas last time, so I'll kick up to Valentine's. Gotta see if I'm gonna deny my husband due to his poor gift giving or not. Always an adventure that day is.

4. What is your favourite book/series?
Evanovich baby...and Twilight.

5. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Would I be unoriginal if I said my 2 front teeth? yes? ok, i'll just go with diamonds then.

6. Where is your favourite place to relax?
On my expensive catered to yacht. Sometimes I may refer to it as the couch in my living room.
 
7. The best moment of your life so far?
Would being born sound selfish? Think about it though, if I wasn't you wouldn't be reading this!
  
8. Do you have any hobbies?
Pretending. It's a very rigorous, life demanding, time consuming but rewarding hobby.

9. What is your job? Is it what you envisioned yourself doing as a child?
My job is to create world peace one person at atime. Thank you judges...
 
10. Do you play any instruments?
oboe, mallet percussion, piano, and a long chin hair on the chord of G

11. What's your favourite fairy tale?
Little One Eye, Little Two Eyes, Little Three Eyes. I grew up reading that repeatedly. I learned girls can be hideous even in fairy tales.


11 EYE POPPING FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I'm a girl
2. I'm over the age of 5
3. I was in my senior prom's royal court. I wear my sash daily still. I mean...
4. I played soccer for 15 years
5. I close my eyes when I brush my teeth
6. I have talking pets, I also refer to them as my kids.
7. People think I'm younger than I look. Always. It's kinda annoying.
8. I may be smarter than you. But that can work both ways.
9. I attract men, mainly this guy to my left.
10. I use to dance all night long, literally, I tore several pants that way. :D
11. I like to make people laugh. I will copyright Laughing Abs. It'll be a killer workout video.


 11 QUESTIONS FOR ANYONE'S NEXT POST:
1. If you could interview one celebrity, who & what is your million dollar question?
2. Did you ever carry a pager when they were cool?
3. What is your fav home decor that you would be mad if I stole?
4. Pet peeves?
5. Fav magazine?
6. Will you give me $100?
7. Furthest you've traveled?
8. Do these pants make my butt look big?
9. What radio station is playing in your car as I drive off in it?
10. What are you making me for breakfast because I'm not a morning person?
11. How's that $100 coming along?

 
Enjoy & let me know if you've used my questions so I can laugh at your responses!!

69 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The $100 is in the mail, LOL! Happy New Year!

M.J. Fifield said...

I love posts that make me laugh out loud and this post did, on several occasions. Your answers to your eleven questions were hilarious but I love the eleven questions you asked others.

Just so you know, I have no home decor. Unless you count clutter.

Julie Luek said...

Congratulations on the award and fun answers! Royalty and played soccer? I love a woman with lots of talents.

Jeff Hargett said...

Delightfully funny. I chuckled aloud more than once. Some say I'm easily amused, but you can ignore that and graciously accept the compliment. Happy New Year!

Tammy Theriault said...

Debra: I hope your not lying....:-P

M.j.: ill bring a big van for the clutter, probably my old econoline

Julie: talent is my middle name, ok, not really

Jeff: glad I could give your abs a proper workout

Anne said...

I like the quote from the author on her 3 children...I can relate to that.

I see you play percussion, I've been a drummer for 40 years, but I can't play a piano to save my life.

Happy New Year!

Shell Flower said...

I really hope your laughing abs video has chin hair instrumentation. I'd totally pay $100 for that.

Tammy Theriault said...

Anne: we should go jam out

Shell: its a deal!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Oh dear lordy, where do I start? Enjoy looking young. If anyone wants to mistake me for twenty I would be flattered, yet a little worried about their sanity.
I want the ab work out. Laughing may be the only exercise I willing do. And I wish my talking pets would stop taking so long in the bathroom!

klahanie said...

Ah yes, Tammy! I know you've been anxiously awaiting one of my um eagerly anticipated, highly cherished, much loved comments. Did I ever mention I'm shy and modest? Or is that delusional...

Anyway, you wont get one of those "Great posts" "Thanks for sharing" type comments from me.

I'm a starstruck fan of your humour or "humor" (apologies to my spell check.

Good to see you have been reading some books. I went on a train to pot, once, but that's another story. And Jennifer's Weiner, sorry, Jennifer Weiner's book seems like good fun.

Pretending is a worthy hobby. I rather enjoy advanced thumb twiddling.

And you played soccer for 15 years. Good grief, Tammy, that was one long game :)

If I could interview one celebrity it would have to be interviewing Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star and ask her the secret about how to make humans better writers. Hang on, already did that.

I went to the pet shop to purchase a pet peeve. They were out of peeves and thus my pet peeve is pet shops that run out of peeves.

I'm wondering if 60 British pounds would be okay instead...

Tammy, you are one funny lady. I appreciate the kind interaction you have shared on my site. May you, your loved ones, a variety of farmyard animals and all your other starstruck fans, have a wonderful and laugh filled 2013.

With that, this comment will suddenly, abruptly end.

The Happy Whisk said...

Here's to finishing your book :-)

Tammy Theriault said...

Elizabeth: you crack me up, hugs girl!

Klahanie: oh how I laughed with your workout of laughing abs. My gosh. You are a golden child. Love love love. Your humor is xpot on dear watson

Whisk: you too

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Ok. Here I go.

1. Definitely, yes but as in I believe there's life beyond earth not little green men and hell yes.

2. Because I love writing way too damn much.

3. Summer.

4. Harry Potter! Harry Potter!

5. To actually publish all my planned self-pub books. Oh and a cake with my book cover on it like Amanda Hocking got. Mmmm...

6. My bedroom. If I could slip into books it would fall into second.

7. I'll get back to you when I move out my parent's house.

8. Reading, Reading...writing..zzz

9. I'll get back to you on that when I open my book of dreams envelope year 2019. Got the idea from an episode of Oprah.

10. Does the pen count?

11. Why am I blanking out on this question? I'll just say Rapunzel.

Wooh! Now I have an award. Yay! Thanks Tammy and best of luck with 2013.

T said...

I have refrained from doing blog award question thingies for months upon months... but heck, it's a brand new year, right? Your 11 questions were as unique as they were funny, so I'm going to have to use them in my next post. Consider yourself warned.

Tammy Theriault said...

Sheena: great answer s

T: I can't wait to read them

Melissa Bradley said...

Happy New Year!! Your answers were making me snort my Diet Pepsi all over my keyboard.

And I agree, pretending is a very rigorous hobby. ;)

Tammy Theriault said...

Melissa: did you just say you snort pepsi? Not sure if that has the same effects s as coke

Andrew Leon said...

What about diamonds on your two fron teeth?

Cynthia said...

Happy New Year! You gave some fun-filled responses. It's good that you can pretend- that's a useful quality to have for writing (and drama and other creative pursuits.)

Tammy Theriault said...

Andrew: you been watching too many rap vidros with little john?

Cynthia: well said!

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Tammy
Funny! I will use your questions next week to off set my negative post today. Thanks for coming by.
Nancy

mooderino said...

Happy New Year and congrats on the award. Your questionnaire responses were hilarious.

regards
mood
Moody Writing

Michael Di Gesu said...

Happy New Year Tammy...

AS ALWAYS you have such a delicious sense of humor. Thanks for starting off my new year with some laughs!

Andrew Leon said...

Robin Hood's friend? No, but I wish. Robin Hood has always been a hero of mine.

Annalisa Crawford said...

lol, fantastic answers, facts and questions. Being born is in the top 3 best things in my life too :-)

Christine Rains said...

*LOL* Great answers! And those are awesome quotes form the book. Thanks for making me laugh today.

E. Arroyo said...

Ha! You brought out the big guns with those questions. And grays...well, I won't even go there. =)

Tammy Theriault said...

N.r.: can't wait to see it

Mooderino: glad I could workout your abs

Michael: looks like my work here is done

Andrew: your too funny

Annalise: id love to here what your other 2 are

Christine: your abs should be sweating

E.: too funny!

Andrew Leon said...

There's such a thing as "too funny"?! Oh, man! How do I turn some of it off? Will it make my funny bill too expensive?
Darn!
>runs off to find the funny controls<

Tammy Theriault said...

Andrew: I hid the remote :-D

Tamara said...

You crack me up, Tammy! I will definitely buy the laughing abs work out when it's released!!

Tammy Theriault said...

Tamara: I'll be giving you a friendship discount for sure

Andrew Leon said...

No fair!

Tammy Theriault said...

Alright, you get commenters robin hood discount.

Morgan said...

Loving the grey hair! Tammy, you rock. You're always entertaining me. :D

Tammy Theriault said...

Morgan: love and hugs , rock on!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Love the punchy colours on Goodnight Nobody, and it sounds like a laugh. Happy 2013.

Elise Fallson said...

Bahah, you have chin hair too!!!! What, you were only kidding? Oh yeah, I knew that, me too... :P

9. What radio station is playing in your car as I drive off in it?

Weird Al Yankovic - Everything You Know is Wrong. *insert evil laughter*

Tammy Theriault said...

Charmaine: you, too!

Elise: weird al? I think I just threw up a little bit.you can have your car back, throw up and all.... :-D

Christina Lee said...

"My job is to create world peace one person at a time. Thank you judges..."
*snort*

Happy New year!

Tammy Theriault said...

Christina: I enjoy a good snort

Cherie Reich said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with your goal and congrats for the award!

Tammy Theriault said...

Cherie: thanks so much!

Rose Munevar said...

You are hilarious! Those books sound good too, I'll have to keep those in mind.

Tammy Theriault said...

Rose: you won't regret it

The Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award! :)

Those are awesome answers and facts about you.

Tammy Theriault said...

Golden eagel: thanks so much!

Luanne Smith said...

Congrats on the Liebster, and Happy New Year! I got a book to finish this year too.

Yes, I'm a little late, but I've been in a sugar coma for two weeks due to the over consumption of cookies and other various sweets. It's only now beginning to wear off. :)

Tammy Theriault said...

Luanne: ride that sugar coma!

Jack said...

Loved it! (Both books sound great, I love humorous books.)

When you make your laughing abs video I shall buy it. Best work out ever.

And the cookies? That is just because I like to torment people.

S.P. Bowers said...

I love that pretending is your hobby. And I hear you on people always thinking you're younger than you really are. I get that too. a lot.

Tammy Theriault said...

Jack: cookies, thats a mean trick :-D

S.p.: we shall be young ones forever

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Good luck finishing your book; I have the same goal. Thanks for the nod to A Train to Potevka, I was looking for a NF book to read.

Tammy Theriault said...

Jenn: no prob

nutschell said...

Happy new year! That's a great goal. I'm sure you'll finish the book this year! maybe even start a new one.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Leigh Covington said...

It's so fun to see A TRAIN TO POTEVKA on here! I'm impressed. It really is such a great book. My in-laws gave it to us, which automatically made me wonder if it was worth the time, but it definitely was!

Happy New Year! So nice to meet you!

Tammy Theriault said...

Nutshell: I sure hope so

Leigh: awesome that I'm not the only one!

Kelley Lynn said...

Congrats on the award! How amazing is that?

Tammy Theriault said...

Kelley: thanks, its awesome!

Medeia Sharif said...

I love your responses. :D

I need to read more Jennifer Weiner. I've only read 2 of her books, and that was years ago.

Old Kitty said...

I am so not a morning person either. But I may be after a chocolate muffin, strong cappuccino and buttered crumpets. :-)

Happy New Year to you!!! Take care
x

Elliot Grace said...

...helluva way to start a fresh set of twelve ;)

Love your answers,

El

Tammy Theriault said...

Medeia: yes, go read!

Kitty: wow sugar caffeine overload

El: thanks so much!

T.J. said...

Yeah, I think I'm going to take you up on this LOL! It's always good to laugh. And so putting Jennifer's book on the TBR...

T said...

Ack... I've been out of commission for a few days, but I thought I'd trek back here to make sure you didn't miss your Q&A:

http://t-says.blogspot.com/2013/01/year-end-recap.html

Tammy Theriault said...

T.j: good thinking

T: I'll be there!

kelworthfiles said...

Congratulations! I think I'll take up your challenge.

I loved your answer about the supernatural critters you don't believe in being under your bed 'again' ;)

kelworthfiles said...

Here are my answers, facts, and passings-on of the award!

http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/i-got-a-liebster-award/

Tammy Theriault said...

OK I'm on my way to check it out!