Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Writing can be FUN ... Remember that!

For my IWSG's first entry, I was feeling really burnt out lately. I would write pages at a time, but then I wouldn't be sure if what I was writing was more like RAMBLING. Grrrrr...

Then at church my son, who is 8, was getting BORED so I said here... I'm going to write a sentence and you finish it. Then it reminded me, WRITING CAN BE FUN, and FUNNY!!  Maybe this is something someone can do with their spouse, kids, dog, cat...I don't know...maybe they CAN write??... and give yourself a break from what can become MUNDANE!

So here is our last entry my son and I did at church (I started the sentence first):

Last night I wore my shirt and no pants because I'm a crazy kid. I had a dream about me loving a toilet. Me and the toilet were going to see Selena Gomez. And Justin Beiber was there to so I beat him up and got Selena Gomez to call me on the phone. We talked all night about Justin Booger and how I beat him up. We planned to Kiss <3 <3! But I'm too young and my mom would KILL me so we planned to do it. We planned to just hug so my mom doesn't disown me. Then we went still did it!!!! Then my mom spanked me and your a good good good good boy! I WILLLLLL!!!!!!!!

He definitely gets me laughing... :)~


And that bleeds into my next thought...BEING THANKFUL!

As I get a bandaid for that blood and am thankful for Johnson & Johnson, I'm reminded of what it is I'm thankful for no thanks to the ever so thankful Vikki and Tara's "I'M THANKFUL FOR..."  (did the thankfulness annoy you yet)

I'd like to submit the blurp between my son and I. It reminds me to be thankful for the breaks in life that keep me SANE as I strive to do my best for my family. Even though my kids haven't read my writing yet, they encourage me and seem to be my biggest fans. (as long as I continue to feed, clothe, bathe, etc.....oh my! I'm gonna need more bandaids!)

18 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...

That's one creative kid. Must take after his mother. :)

Elise Fallson said...

What a great first IWSG post. And your son is so funny, what a character! :D

Candilynn Fite said...

So adorable and fun and creative! Love this post. Happy IWSG day. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome to the IWSG! Writing should be fun. Good on your son for reminding you.

Julie Luek said...

Good reminder and creative son! As I slog (or so it feels sometimes) through the revision process, I need to take breaks and just write for fun and passion. Thanks for the reminder.

Linda Jackson said...

Love everything about this post, Tammy. Thanks for sharing. :)

Morgan said...

Funny exchange! It's all about moments like that... Love it, Tammy. :-)

Lex Cobain said...

Great post! YES, writing should be fun! Love what your son came up with :)

Tammy Theriault said...

thanks everyone for commenting. i agree, my son reminded me of something we tend to forget. he is a major goofball...& he must take after me!

T said...

That was super sweet and very funny! I love that kids have no filter (most of the time) and I often wish I could still have as much fun as they do. Thanks for the endearing reminder that yes, writing can be fun. :-)

Empty Nest Insider said...

What a great way to encourage your son's creativity! He sounds like a very smart boy with a fantastic sense of humor! He's lucky to have you for a mom! Julie

Patricia Stoltey said...

That's a wonderful bit of fun with your son, and would definitely distract anyone with the fidgets.

Teresa Cypher said...

Nice post, Tammy! Children are so wonderful, so spontaneous, such creative geniuses. They put up none of the roadblocks that we adults do. Thanks for sharing this :-)

Tammy Theriault said...

thanks again everyone...appreciate the "support"

Arlee Bird said...

A bit of wacky writing now and then can be fun. And who knows where it can go. Your son sounds like a fun little guy.

Thanks for the follow on my blog. Now following yours.

Lee
A Faraway View

Miranda Hardy said...

That is very cute and such a great reminder to us to keep it fun.

Tina said...

Yeah, when it stops being fun, I stop. Hence my current semi-hiatus. Struggling with depression due to my health (Olympic level asthma) and its impact on my family who has to pick up the slack...whine whine whine...
Loved the story you and your son wrote. I have a writer son, too. I also have a story teller son, but getting him to write those down...
Thanks for the visit and the follow. I'm following you, too, Nice to meet you, Tammy.
Tina @ Life is Good
http://kmdlifeisgood.blogspot.com/

Karen Lange said...

Writing IS fun. :) I know I lose sight of that sometimes. Thanks for the reminder! Thanks also for stopping by my blog and following. It's great to meet you!

Happy Thanksgiving!