Monday, November 26, 2012

LOOKSY LU, WINNY POO, & BOO HOO HOO

5LBS heavier now? 10? Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving dinner! More interviews in the works & hopefully everyone has signed up for our bloghop "AND YOU ARE?" It's a temporary bandaid of distraction and comedy. ON THE HOUSE!! ROUNDS FOR EVERYONE!!

IN OTHER NEWS, Tamara from One Magic Bean Buyer tagged me for "YOU GOT THE LOOK". Many thanks, Tamara!
Rules: post a few paragraphs surrounding the word "look" somewhere from your WIP & tag 5 people. I have 2 so I'm choosing the 1 that I have done editing on. The other is so rough, it'd give you rugburn! Here it is:

“Only hold me as high as you have strength to.”

“Then I will hold you as high as my heart.”

The words should never have been there. The feelings should never have existed. But they were, and they were real. It was a struggle and a fight beyond measure. The worst was knowing it could never be. It was the Romeo & Juliet of their world – totally forbidden.
“I can’t do this with you anymore. They will hear our words eventually and then we will be punished for what we have done. Defying our Gods is unspeakable!” she whispered loudly, while looking around into the dark space never knowing who or what was out there.

“You’re right. We can’t do this anymore” He paused. “We can’t pretend that what we have doesn’t go beyond all theory. We are not meant to be, but I would fight our Gods to get to you. I’m already dead, what more can they do to me?” He grabbed her hand in his, holding it tightly. “I lost you once, but I can’t, I just can’t go through that again.” Jesu said staring longingly, painfully into her fiery chestnut eyes. He couldn’t look away anymore. This was knowingly his last impression of her and he knew once he said it, all was gone. All hopes of finding her again, would be suicide. “Rosilin, I…love…you.”
“NO!!” Rosilin shouted as the dark space behind Jesu turned into flames as if thrown towards him and becoming brighter and brighter, engulfing him as he hung onto his last word. A sudden wind came pushing Jesu further back into the ball of flames with his hands reaching out to Rosilin as he was pulled away.  Sorrow, complete pain, overtook him. Rosilin reached her hands out, hanging in the darkness; her body completely paralyzed and unable to rescue him from the immersing fireball. There was nothing she could do. The flame burst as soon as she saw him pulled into its force. There was no heat. There was not a single gale of warmth. It was as if it never happened, but it did. Jesu was gone.

As quickly as Rosilin was standing alone, a bright light engulfed her. The room was no longer dark but completely void of any color except pure white. She felt a serene calmness surround her, beckoning her return. Rosilin felt her brown hair standing on end as she awaited what was to come. She had breached all commitments to her God, as did he. No matter the mercy He held, she knew this went beyond His compassion. Rosilin sensed her body floating along space for some time. She could hear angelic singings of young chorale boys all around her. Her worried thoughts were less as she let the sweet voices consume her.
“I’m not sure I can continue like this.” She whispered to herself, holding a tear in her troubled eye, and letting it go along her cheek.

“You can.” A voice whispered back.
 
 
 Winnie the Pooh...who? Winnie the Pooh...what? I won! That's who! WOOHOO! My first book win and I'm excited to read Lynn Kelley's book "THE CURSE OF THE DOUBLE DIGITS". See her blog to hear more! I guarantee my son & I will be all over that! Reviews to come...
 
 
I use to ACTUALLY PRIDE myself on never crying for a movie other than the ending of "TEN THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU". Alright, started to get very emotional with this movie during a very touching part that I WILL NOT give away...and yet I tried teasing my kids: YOUR CRYING, NOT MOMMY!!
Must see for ALL ages!






*started Christmas shopping or finished....???

29 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Oh my, heart wrenching excerpt and so left me wanting to read on! Does Rosilin get Jesu back? Please say "Yes,"... And thanks for the tag Tammy, Carolyn also tagged me with this meme last week so hopefully I'll get this post up today or tomorrow the latest. Congrats on winning Lynn Kelley's book, giveaways are so awesome. (: And I just saw the trailer for the Rise of the Guardians, I can't wait to see it!

Julie Luek said...

That bug-eyed picture is.. kinda creepy.

Congrats on the book win!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Seriously? That guys eyes totally creep me out! Fortunately, the excerpt distracted me. Good job!

Emily R. King said...

Loving the excerpt, Tammy. Dang girl, you can write! :)

Samantha May said...

That might be the most terrifying picture I've ever seen. Like ever.

What a great excerpt! It was so heart wrenching that I'm probably going to have to inahle Nutella to get out of it :)

But really, it was wonderful!

Gina Gao said...

This is so heart wrenching!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tammy - thanks for following and commenting. Those bug eyes are pretty extraordinary and not something I want to see too often!!

Well done on winning Lynn's Curse of the Double Digits - sounds a very good Christmas present for your son .. Happy reading .. cheers Hilary

farawayeyes said...

Bug eyed picture IS creepy, but you story is exceptional. I want to know more.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very powerful scene - I could really see the fireball.

Rose Munevar said...

OMG! That man's eyes are freaky! Nice excerpt- very intense :)

Susan Oloier said...

Thanks for stopping by on the tour yesterday. The excerpt is a great hook for the rest of the book. I'd love to know more about it.

Suze said...

I have one more very important Christmas gift to buy ...

Linda Jackson said...

I'll comment on the last part of the post...
I ALMOST always cry at movies. So if you never cry, and this movie made you weepy, then I'll probably bawl. :)

SC Author said...

This was awesome :) I never cry at movies or actually, even in books (last time was when I was 10 years old or something). I had to kind of force myself to tear up in Deathly Hallows 2 since, we'll, I just HAD to (I'm a huge HP fan). It takes a lot to make me cry. Will this movie break me? I don't knowwwwww....

Morgan said...

Oooo... gripping excerpt! Nice work, Tammy!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Great excerpt!!!! This is the second 'look' excerpt I've read in the last hour. And the second one with flames in it. lol

What do you mean I'm going to cry at The Rise of the Guardians??? Darn it. I'll make sure I bring Kleenexes. Thanks for the warning. :D

Jack said...

I like the snippet!!

Whoohoo! You saw Rise of the Guardians! Now I am curious though, which part got you teary? (I can guess some which might have, but since I have more then one in mind...)

Oh yeah, styrofoam. I melted a cup once putting it in the microwave. Those things melt fast!

Michael Pierce said...

That was a very beautiful excerpt, though I can't say the same for the guy in the picture. Haha. I'm not excited by many animated movies, but Rise of the Guardians looks awesome.

Tammy Theriault said...

elise: i'll never tell...ok, maybe in the book, but not now shhhh

julie: totally creeeeeepy

elizabeth: glad i could distract you

emily: thanks, girl

samantha: nuuutttteelllaaa....mmmm

gina: thanks for reading!

hilary: didn't think of it for Christmas...crap!

farawayeyes: soon-soon

alex: thanks so much!

rose: i dig creepy

susan: your welcome!!

suze: you've got my attention!

linda: then you shall cry!

sc: just saw last one, loved it!

morgan: miss ya's! get out of jail soon!!

stina: thanks for reading...flames are "in", didn't you get the memo?

jack: it's the part when the boy is on the bed talking to jack...that's all i'll say

michael: it is awesome!! santa with tattoos?? so funny

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Oh my goodness, Tammy, that was intense! Great excerpt! Looking forward to more!

klahanie said...

Hi Tammy,

What an eye-poppin' story excerpt! Now then, slight problem, not being a writer as such, I don't have a WHIP, sorry, any WIP in progress. However, I am flattered you would tag me. Of course, I mentioned before that I have been tagged by the 'blogger police' and I'm under a strict curfew. Which means, I better go now......

Lexa Cain said...

Great excerpt! Congrats on the free book -- those are awesome, right? The two movies that make me cry every time are "Armageddon" (when Bruce Willis sacrifices himself and Liv Tyler is crying) and "E.T." (when E.T. dies *sniff*). Most typical romantic tragedies don't really affect me.
Great post! :-)

Empty Nest Insider said...

I also enjoyed your suspenseful excerpt. Those eyeballs remind me of the billboard in The Great Gatsby.
Julie

Shallee said...

I hope love conquers all in the end! I'm afraid I can't post excerpts on my blog, but thanks for the tag anyway!

Tammy Theriault said...

joylene: thanks for your kindness!!

klahanie: that's ok, u rock regardless

lexa: great picks!

empty nester: haha...i suppose they do!

shallee: that's ok!

Trisha said...

For me, the TEN THINGS part that first makes me weepy is when she's reading her poem ;) LOVE that movie.

I'm a bit of a sap though, it seems. One movie that gets me weeping every time, in a few different places, is 28 DAYS with Sandra Bullock, another fave movie of mine.

Jay Noel said...

You write such beautiful vivid description.

Ugh, and that picture grossed me out!

Tonja said...

Nice excerpt. I'm too much of a weenie to share mine quite yet.

Tanya Reimer said...

Hey thanks for the tag!. "Already dead" part made me smile, I'm not the only I see doing that! And!!! Glad to hear you loved the movie!!! Lol