Tuesday, November 13, 2012

5lbs of GOLD, 5lbs of SILVER...AND 5lbs of PURE FAT!!

DOWN MEMORY BRICK ROAD ..GIVE ME YOUR FREAKIN' RED SHOES, DOROTHY!

Recently with all the bloghops going on, it reminded me of books I haven't read in a long time, but MISS reading. Granted I use to read SEVERAL books a day... 1 for the bathroom - 1 for the purse - 1 for the nightstand. Here are a few fav's I remember reading long ago... THESE ARE WORTH 5LBS OF GOLD, BABY!!


"AHAB'S WIFE or the star gazer" by Sena Jeter Naslund.
So what about the wife of the infamous Ahab, Moby Dick's hunter? This is an all time CAPTIVATING read. I loathed putting it down! The writing was absolutely incredible!! It starts from her childhood - youth - adult. GRAB IT!!

"The Doorkeepers" by Graham Masterton
You want something freakishly, frighteningly, fabulous? Here you go. When I first read this book it blew me away with ALL the creativity he puts in his story! Jumping from one century to another to solve a death and villians trying to kill them along the way to keep their secret worlds safe. I DIDN'T think this book was for me but it didn't matter! If you like a bit of fright mixed with alternating worlds -  or you don't - GRAB IT!!



OH HOW I LOVE MY SATURDAYS....

The one day my husband and I get to sit back and relax, staying up like two teenagers neglecting their curfews. Recently, we got to watch 2 movies that are NOT new but good nonetheless. THESE ARE WORTH 5LBS OF SILVER, BABY!!


 
"THIS MEANS WAR" starring Tom Hardy, some other guy, and a girl. I was fixated on the hotness. Same guy melting the screen on "the Warrior".  This was a hilarious bit of watching my hotty try to fall in love with me...ok...with Reese Witherspoon but so was his bestfriend. Who will end up with the girl first? BUZZKILL...HE ENDS UP WITH ME! WATCH IT!

"Man Of The Year" starring: Robin Williams, Lewis Black & Christopher Walken
I LOVE any film with Christopher Walken...as long as it's a comedy! The political film was great to watch because it features my fav stand-up comedian ROBIN WILLIAMS! Ever watch his old, old stand-ups where he is wearing rainbow overalls? Best one ever!! It doesn't matter what the film is about...I just like hearing Robin go off on comedic tangits!! WATCH IT!



GET OFF OF ME YOU CREEP!!

Stupid scale. It LIED to me! I'm gonna put it in timeout till it tells the truth. Grrr... It's not been the EASIEST keeping to a fitness schedule. So incase anyone wants to be grossed out...here's a pic of what I did wrong these past 2 months and what I have already started doing about it...THIS IS WORTH 5LBS OF FAT, BABY!! 



p.s. the doing about it part is working out with my new hotness...Tom Hardy...



 
*don't forget to sign up for the bloghop recently posted last week!!
* and BEWARE...another victim of my interviewing skills is coming soon...

15 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...

I wonder what would happen in a film with Robin Williams and Jim Carey? Or has their been one?

Shallee said...

Tom Hardy is definitely gorgeous! Good luck with him as your workout buddy. He's very motivating. :)

Megan Hand said...

Oh, Tom Hardy.... Fan me! I LOVED This Means War :) Sounds like you guys had fun!

Emily R. King said...

Stupid scale. It lies to me all the time too. Thanks for the book recs!

Emily R. King said...

Stupid scale. It lies to me all the time too. Thanks for the book recs!

Morgan said...

You have such entertaining posts! ;-)

Tammy Theriault said...

martin: i don't think they have but if they did...it would be AWESOME!!

shallee: very motivating indeed!

megan: yes, a great movie!

emily: we should switch scales b/c i like the # it gives you rather than it would me... :)

morgan: love for my morgs!

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks for the book recommendations!

I read Moby Dick but I didn't know/remember that Ahab had a wife. That sounds like an interesting story.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Tammy...

in stitches!

GROSS... on the five pounds of fat ... YUK! No wonder I work out insanely every day! I don't want THAT hanging on me ... LOL.

Dana said...

Robin Williams—love!

Trisha said...

Ew - looking at piles of fat like that makes me want to puke! And yet I do have some o' that stuff under my skin for sure ;)

Nice hotness pics. woo!

I added both those books to my ridiculously long GoodReads tbr shelf... daaaammn youuuu!

klahanie said...

Hi Tammy,

Oops, I liked older Robin Williams stuff. Lately, I think he's rather lost it. Sorry :)

Gary

Trisha said...

I'm signed up for yours as well, assuming you mean the "And You Are...?" blog hop :) But with mine you can either post on Dec 2 or Dec 3, up to you. I will certainly be posting for yours. Thanks for signing up! :D

farawayeyes said...

I didn't find an 'I Miss You Blogfest' post but this one was great. Informative - I have to read AHABS WIFE, and funny - I thik my scale needs a time out too.

Nice to meet you.

Tammy Theriault said...

thanks for all the comments ya'll. you guys are wonderful!!