Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

Whoa, my first award! It's kind of funny that one of the reasons I get this award is because I have less than 200 followers! I'm still excited I get it though! Thanks Livia for picking me!!

The Liebster Blog Award rules

1. Answer the blogger’s eleven questions.

2. Think of eleven questions of your own.

3. Choose eleven worthy bloggers (who have fewer than 200 followers) to interview and pay it forward. I chose six instead of eleven bloggers.
 


My questions
1. Name your favorite movie.
 
Agghhh...naming one of anything is hard stuff for me. Let's just do it this way, how about movies I can watch over and over again. Twilight Sagas, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, & Owen Wilson films.
 
2. What have you learned from the online writing community?
 
Hope is a "good" four letter word! There is hope that we will achieve our goal whatever it may be at that moment in our lives.
 
3. Name your favorite holiday.
 
Hands down, Christmas! The smells, the weather, the hot cocoa, the downtown activites, decoration...and everything you see in a movie that you want happening at Christmas time where you live...but isn't! 
 
4. Bacon or tenderloin?
 
I think I just drooled. Tenderloin, medium rare. Thank you, waiter, get right on that!
 
5. Name your favorite author.
 
Again, very hard to name one...I will go with the flow on this one and say Janet Evanovich only because I have read the most books by her.
 
6. Name your favorite film genre.
 
If you saw my movie choices, you can see I'm a sucker for comedies. Laughter is my pain pill. And it gives you killer abs.
 
7. Are you afraid of the dark?
 
Let's see...I had a night light till I got married. I stopped watching horror movies after The Grudge because I was having a hard time sleeping in the dark due to all the recent horror movies I was watching. My husband's bed clock is very bright & I haven't replaced it...no, I'm not afraid! Why??? Who's out there?
 
8. Name your favorite comfort meal.
 
Phad Thai rocks, but my favorite comfort meal is very broad...it's called an Asian Buffett!! LOL
 
9. Do you daydream?
 
Huh? Where you saying something? Maybe this is the reason I forget things...
 
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
 
Meeting new people and the support they give you.
 
11. If you were on a deserted island, what would you bring?
 
My travel bag. No one asked how big it is, did they? It's industrial size! It's got my family in it, Phad Thai to go, Janet Evanovich's #18 book and kettle corn popcorn. I would add Dodgeball the movie and play it on my laptop and a nightlight but no plugs...bummer. :)~~~
 
 
I'm gifting the Liebster Blog Award to:
 
1. Tamara
 
 
My 11 Questions for you are:
 
1. If you could have any animal for a pet, which would it be and why?
2. Where would you travel to just so you could use it as a location in a story?
3. Before you start writing, do you have a routine you do?
4. If you could interview one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
5. If you could design anything, what would it be?
6. Pretend you won 1 million dollars and  you were giving half of it to a charity, which would you pick?
7. What was you favorite subject in school and why?
8. If you had to pick a person that impacted or changed your perspective, who would it be and what was it they did or said?
9. Do you have a favorite line from a movie that you tend to use?
10. Remember boardgames? Which were you the best at?
11. What is your favorite music video...you  know, when they use to be popular? :)

64 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

Congratulations on your first award. Great answers. I always struggle with my favourite author and film too, because I like so many!

S.P. Bowers said...

I love, love, love asian food. Aw man, now I need to go make egg rolls.

Julie said...

congratulations! I had fun reading your answers and comparing them to mine. Also glad the award introduced me to your blog.

jaybird said...

Thank you so much for the award Tammy. And I loved your answers. Especially the Asian buffet. Hilarious!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! And now I'm craving Thai food...

Emily R. King said...

Congrats on your first award, Tammy! I love Phad Thai too. Mmm, noooodddddlllleees.

Tammy Theriault said...

Good to know I'm not the only stuggling picker of favs!

Tammy Theriault said...

If you do that I'm going to need your address & a time to meet for dinner!

Tammy Theriault said...

Hey Julie! Nice to meet u! Ill check your blog out, too!

Tammy Theriault said...

Your welcome Jay! Ill be checking your out today!

Tammy Theriault said...

You buying?? Lol

Tammy Theriault said...

I think we will meet again at 1-2-3 Thai....nooooddllleeeeessss!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I love reading these Q&As with bloggers...makes us seem like real people. :D

michelle said...

Congratulations Tammy! Great questions and answers...

ELAdams said...

Thanks for following my blog :) Great answers!

Livia said...

Great answers! Yep, I completely agree with you on meeting new people and they support you in the blogosphere! It's nice to have them behind your back giving you encouragement, inspiration, etc. I don't know what I would do without my bloggy friends - they're incredible. Once you meet more blogging writer friends, you'll be amazed and you'll be thanking them left to right, a heads up ;)

Robin said...

Fun answers-I don't do horror movies either:) Good to meet you. And thanks for the follow, I returned the favor.

Tamara said...

Thanks for the award, Tammy! Fun questions and answers. :)

P.S. Are you aware your Captcha is on? It makes it harder to comment, so--in case you didn't know--I figured I'd point it out. :)

Tammy Theriault said...

I'm new to this, what is captcha?

Tammy Theriault said...

Very funny, Patricia!

Tammy Theriault said...

Thanks, Michelle!

Tammy Theriault said...

ELAdams, thanks!

Tammy Theriault said...

*hugs*

Tammy Theriault said...

Thanks, Robin!

Tammy Theriault said...

ok, found it! thanks for that. i went to a few other blogs and they had it too; i thought it was annoying but i guess if you don't know about it, then it just sticks it on? idk

Trisha said...

I loooove Asian food too! I always love to meet fellow enthusiasts :)

Now you made me hungry for Pad Thai... damn it! hehe

Tammy Theriault said...

I will send you some! It may be making the box drip and every mail man want to break the rules and open it, but it'll be worth it... :)~

klahanie said...

Hi Tammy,

Yes, it's me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star who has somehow managed to reach superstar status! :)

Anyway, enough about me, yes, modest me. Many congrats on receiving the Lobster, sorry, the Liebster Blog award. I note you may well daydream...sorry, where am I? Oh yeah, good to see such an award that I hope brings further awareness of those who have under 200 'followers'. I hope you get lots of recognition. My human, Gary, has had a blog for close to six years, it has only been recently, thanks to me, that he now has reached the 300 mark. And thank you for being number 300 on his site which I seemed to have almost taken over :) You may note my adorable face on your followers list :)

Thus, well done and many congrats to those you forwarded the award onto.

Pawsitive wishes, Penny :)

Tammy Theriault said...

Very funny! Thanks, Penny and I'm glad i could be your 300th follower!!

Mere Joyce said...

Congratulations on the award!

J. A. Bennett said...

Tenderloin, yummy! You totally made me want some. Great questions :)

Tammy Theriault said...

Hey, Mere! Thanks so much :)

Tammy Theriault said...

I always want some...lol

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey,

Reading the above makes me think you should come up with a Pad Thai Blogfest :)

Congrats on the award - and I *loved* both your answers and questions :)

Nice :)

Kimberly Gabriel said...

Congrats! I love your answer about hope. ;)

Jay Noel said...

The Grudge was pretty darn scary, I have to admit. Thanks for tagging me! I'll probably post them on Wednesday.

David P. King said...

Congrats! Glad to see this award is still getting around. Love your answers! :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

Congrats on the award! Your answer to #7 made me laugh out loud. :)

David P. King said...

Btw, I gave you a Shout-Out on my blog today. :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Thanks Tammy! And you're right... keeping hope alive is easiest with fellow bloggers.

Tammy Theriault said...

Pad Thai blogfest? Hahaha...it sure would be yummy!

Tammy Theriault said...

Hey, Kimberly! Thanks for the taking the time to stop by!

Tammy Theriault said...

Awesome! i can't wait to read your answers! i also thought "the Ring" was scary when it came out, too

Tammy Theriault said...

Awesome! thanks so much! i'll have to go check it out asap!!

Tammy Theriault said...

Glad i could work your abs out for you...no personal trainer charge either! :)

Tammy Theriault said...

It sure is, Elizabeth!

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats on the award!

Tara Tyler said...

i finally found you! thru david!
evanovich & comedy, cant go wrong there!

angie said...

Tammy - I am loving your blog! I love that hope is the four letter word you have learned from the online community - I feel the same way. I love this post, it was great to learn so much about you!

Jack said...

Fear of the dark is a healthy fear. Monsters come out from under the bed at night...and then they lurk in kitchens, showers....bathrooms...this is why I am always safely tucked into my bed at night. Beds are safe.

Thank you for the comment!

Allons-y!

Tara Tyler said...

i already follow you! i'm a dork!

Tammy Theriault said...

Thanks so much, Cherie!

Tammy Theriault said...

hahaha...yes, very true!

Tammy Theriault said...

Angie, thanks for coming and visiting! "hope" to hear more from you!

Tammy Theriault said...

Why you gotta make it worse for me! i get up at night to use the bathroom sometimes...now i'm not safe?? :)

Tammy Theriault said...

no your not! lol!!

Rose Munevar said...

Congrats on your award! and even though you didn't name me, your questions are so much fun I'll answer a few. 1. A dog- nothing like a dog bounding to the door to welcome you home! 2. Africa- no question about it. 8. My husband, for teaching me to laugh.
About the dark, I didn't sleep for the first two years of my life until my parents' discovered that I needed a light on! I think it was a long two years for them. LOL!

Tammy Theriault said...

Great answers! Thanks for answering them anyways, rose. Always fun to hear how others will answer your own questions.

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha Tammy,

I just tagged you for a Sweet award. (This award thing is like waiting for a bus!!!)

Stop by my blog whenever you have a chance to check it out :)

Tammy Theriault said...

Waiting for a bus...hahaha. ok, i'll head on over...thanks, Mark!

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats on the award.

I love comedies and Ben Stiller movies. Oh, I also dig Asian buffets.

Suzanne Furness said...

Hiya Tammy so good to meet you and find your blog. Congrats on the award some great answers.

Tammy Theriault said...

so much in common already... :)

Tammy Theriault said...

thanks so much! :)