Monday, October 29, 2012

Bloghop EXTRAVAGANZA: Apparently I'm 18, Monstrous, Spooktacular, and a Bit Scary! Score!!

The month is almost over...YES! That means candy is MINE, I mean, no kids, mommy will NOT be eating your candy while you sleep. That would be oh so wrong!

To celebrate me not (*wink*wink*) eating that candy, I pay homage to 4 totally fun bloghops! Enjoy!! I will see all of you later, and 5lbs heavier...

Cally Jackson starts us out with the 1st bloghop about being 18 for her new book "The Year I Turned 18." Check out her blog to learn more! She has asked that we post something in relation to when we were 18.

All I could come up with was a photo I have, there are more elsewhere, luckily not surfable via internet! In this photo, taken for graduation, I relate my graduation fun story.
There I was, excepting my diploma, getting kind of nervous. After I shook hands with the principal, I lifted up my gown and flashed the crowd! Yep...my parent's still have the video and my mom and sister laughing hysterically in the background. Back then, Joe Boxer was super popular. I had bought a yellow pair with a big smile and tongue licking joe boxer face on it. It caused an uproar of laughter. Good memories!

2nd Bloghop: Time to get creative with Dani and Jackie's SPOOKTACULAR bloghop. Very fitting for the season. Write in 300 words or less anything with the words COBWEB, CAULDRON, JACK-O-LANTERN, GHOST, AND RAZOR. Here's my entry...

I walked along on Halloween in the full moon, dressed in my jack-o-lantern costume. It was getting close to midnight and the spooky night was almost over. Fall leaves began to tumble, and fly up then down to the ground. I wondered how they danced the way they did. Costumed dressed people started to pass me and I didn’t want to be seen out this late at night. I quickly put my pumpkin stemmed mask back on as they got closer and then passed, not paying a bit of attention to me. I turned back to the maple trees' falling leaves and was shocked to see three ghouls playing with them. The leaves would start to fall, and the devilish ghouls would poke them up as if it were a game to keep them from touching the ground. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I took off my mask, and they were gone. I rubbed the cobwebs from my eyes to be sure of what I saw, but it was true. They were gone! It was as if they were ghosts playing mind tricks on me. I put the mask back on, as more people dressed as witches started to pass with a cauldron prop in hand, and headed back home. I looked back one more time at the tree, and they were back. My sight wasn’t razor sharp, but I saw them dancing still in the moonlight poking at leaves as they fell, or tried to fall, to the ground. 
3rd BLOGHOP! It's MONSTROUS MONDAY from Tim Brannan...wow, I barely made it! Phew! Ok. Come up with a monster, or say a monster...what do I choose? This one had me stumped. But let's remember, I stopped watching horror movies after "The Grudge" because I was having a hard time sleeping with all the scariness. So, I pay a homage to "The Grudge" girl that ruined and ended horror movies for me "FOR-EV-ER" (say like boy on Sandlot)
 
 FINAL BLOG hails to us from Scifi Media. We are asked to list our scariest book read or movie, and I have a book that is thrilling yet OH SO SPOOKY SCARY to me. Let me present to you GRAHAM MASTERTON'S : the DOORKEEPERS!! check this book OUT! It's soooo goood...
 

42 comments:

Timothy Brannan said...

Sorry your last horror movie ended so bad for you!

But I thank you for joining in my little bloghop here!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You flashed the crowd? What a way to end your high school years!
The girl in The Ring was just a creepy. Something about the way those girls moved...

Julie said...

I can't believe you flashed the crowd at your graduation LOL. Love your entry for the spooktacular fest!

Jackie said...

Cool idea with making her mask the only way she could see the ghouls! Nice job.

Thanks for participating in our blogfest. :D

Dani said...

You flashed! WOW!

Thanks for part-taking in our blogfest! I too loved the mask idea. Serious creativity!

That chick from Ring gives me nightmares!

Julie Luek said...

Wow flashing--predicting a daring future I see!

Morgan said...

Gorgeous picture! And you are SO brave!

And I'm sooooo not a fan of horror...

Emily R. King said...

I couldn't watch the Grudge. I'm a wuss.

Nine more followers and you hit 100, Tam. WOOT! WOOT!

Teresa Coltrin@Journaling Woman said...

Flasher --you. Love your story and your photo.

Tammy Theriault said...

Tim: great bloghop, glad I could participate!

Alex: that wirey walking stuff is creeeeepy

Julie: thanks so much!

jackie & dani: the bloghop was totally fun!

morgan: i never was either...

emily: i'm more of a wuss...trust me

teresa: thanks for visiting!!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Nice to meet you, Tammy. I'm looking forward to lots of candy, too. I way over bought =D

Budd said...

First, your linky entry is broken, you need to re sign up. Second, your graduations story rocks. Third, Doorkeepers looks pretty interesting.

Deniz Bevan said...

That's a hilarious story! I remember that, half the girls in my high school wore guy's boxers under their uniform skirts!

Tammy Theriault said...

Ruth: purposely over bought? :)

Budd: dang linky! thanks...

deniz: i use to wear them under my ripped jeans; it was cool...then.

Jemi Fraser said...

I am a serious horror wimp! I read the Shining & Carrie & the Omen in high school and I STILL have nightmares occasionally about them :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I can't remember the last horror movie I saw. Oh wait! It was Woman in Black. The best part was listening to the teens scream. Even my husband got a kick out of that. The movie, though, did give me nightmares. :P

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Tammy
Thanks for coming by my blog. I missed your Spooktocberfest entry. My bad. I don't do scary movies or books either. Love the real life flash.
Nancy

The Golden Eagle said...

I love the story of the ghouls playing with leaves. It's almost a happy picture . . .

And yay, I get to be your 100th follower. :)

Saumya said...

Hi! Thanks so much for coming by my blog. I'm glad you found me and I love your post ;)

Sarah said...

It's classy flashing when you wear something under your gown. Didn't scar the youths in the audience. xD Nice Spooktoberfest post! Sorry it took me so long to get around to visiting your blog!

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping over at my blog! I love this post, so many different bloghops! I can't believe you flashed everyone at your graduation, and great entry for Spooktoberfest, I love the mask idea.

Emilyann Girdner said...

I love the gown story and your Senior picture. 18 is such a crazy year :)

P.S. Oh my goodness! The Grudge, and scary things... I'm going to have nightmares thinking about it, lol. Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

Donna Hole said...

Loved your Spookfest story. So fitting for the mask to be the only way to see the ghoulies. Very original. And I'm putting The Doorkeepers on my TBR list.

Wow, that was a lot of bloghopping you had to do.

.......dhole

Tammy Theriault said...

jemi: when i googled images for the grudge, i just had major flashbacks. scarrryy!

n.r. williams: thanks for coming to mine, too!

the golden eagle: congratulations! i dubb thee 100-eth follower-eth. yeah...??

saumya: thanks for stopping by!

sarah: i luckily didn't scare the kids! :)

laura: thanks so much!

emilyann: hope you had a happy halloween, too!

donna hole: after you read it, let me know what you thought!!

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey,

My gosh, you are the Blogfest participant Queen :)

I dub thee so, and you win my team player bottle of awesome sauce for today :)

Gwen Gardner said...

HaHaHa, love your flashing story!

Tammy Theriault said...

mark: awesome sauce? is it spicy? hehehe...

gwen: thanks for reading!!

Von L Cid said...

Great post. 4 in 1, quality, and fun to read. I just followed you. I like your style, I too will not be eating my sons' candy. I won't be eating all of them at least.

Tammy Theriault said...

von: too funny...yeah, i save a few to use as leverage...

T. Drecker said...

Wow! Aren't you brave! Loved your story.
Thanks for stopping by and joining my blog - of course, I'm doing the same :)

Livia said...

Blogfests galore! Loved that graduation memory of yours! I bet you had a blast back then!

I don't like horror movies either. They make me have nightmares and I never forget about them when I should.

Congrats on the 100 followers! You should throw a party one of these days! That's what I'll do ;)

Tammy Theriault said...

T.: thanks for stopping by!!

livia: i loved h.s., but wished i was more involved with clubs and not just soccer every year. :)

Jolie du Pre said...

Love your 18 photo!

Talli Roland said...

I'm giggling at the thought of you flashing the crowd.


Oh, The Ring. SO creepy - the Japanese version is insanely scary.

Anonymous said...

Hеу! This іs kinԁ of off
toрiс but ӏ need some helр from an establіshed blоg.
Is іt ԁifficult to set up уοur own blog?
ӏ'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking abοut creating my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Cheers simply click the next site

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, I am also genuinely keen of learning Personal home pages programming, except I am new one, I forever used
to examine articles related to PHP programming.


Check out my web page :: mdbr.net

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is οff topiс but Ι waѕ ωondering if уou κnew
of аny widgеts I could add to my blоg that autοmatically tweet my newest tωitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. Simple Natural Remedies For Ringing in the Ears
My web site: Simple Natural Remedies For Ringing in the Ears

Anonymous said...

This аrticlе οffers сlear idea ԁesigned for thе nеω people of blogging, that
іn fact how tο do blogging anԁ site-building.

www.tinnitus411.com/cure-tinnitus/
my site: www.tinnitus411.com/cure-tinnitus/

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog postѕ in thіѕ kind οf area .

Exploring in Үahoo I at last stumbled upοn thіs wеb sitе.
Studying this іnformatіon Sо i am satіsfied to еxpress thаt
I have an inсreԁibly good uncannу feеling I
саme upon exactly what I needeԁ.
I most ԁеfinitely wіll makе сeгtain to dо nоt fаil to rеmember this
website and give it a glance regularly. http://www.webbytrader.com
my web site: http://www.webbytrader.com

Anonymous said...

Hellо thеre I am so gratеful I found your blog page,
I reаlly fοund you by miѕtake,
while I was гesearching on Bing for somеthing elsе, Regardless
Ι am here now and wоuld juѕt like to saу kudoѕ for a incrеdible post
and a all rounԁ interesting blog (I аlso love the theme/design),
I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent work. Truth About The Natural Cures For Tinnitus - 3 Incredible Ways To Get Started
My web page: Truth About The Natural Cures For Tinnitus - 3 Incredible Ways To Get Started

Anonymous said...

If you are going for most excellent сontents like I do, ϳuѕt visit this website everyday since
it proνidеs feature contеnts, thanκs phpvelox.com

Anonymous said...

Greаt goodѕ from you, man. I haνe undеrѕtand your stuff previous to and you're just too great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you're ѕtatіng аnd
the way in which уou say it. You maκе іt еnteгtaining anԁ уou still take care of tο keep it sеnsible.
I cаnt wait to read far morе from you.
This is actuallу a tеrrific website. Learn to Sing with Singorama 2.0--Is This Program for Real